3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

hemi cutting out

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 05:50 AM
magnethead
Legend
Received 161 Likes on 148 Posts
Default hemi cutting out

the hemi in our 05 dodge is cutting out randomly. It's as if the key is shut off, but it does it in gear, at low speeds. It is kicking an EGR valve code, dealer can't tell if it's the valve or sensor. It does it warm or cold, but only right after being started and put in gear. My dad says normally it'll studder first, but today, we had the oil changed, and left the walmart parking lot (the engine was just started, but warmed up) and crossed the street to go to CVS. well right as we entered the CVS driveway, the engine completely shut off with no indication and no idiot lights on except the emisions light. I suggested it might be a low oil pressure switch if these trucks have one (detects oil pressure under 10 psi and cuts power) but being it was while moving and the engine was warmed up, that wouldn't be it, plus you'd think that would have it's own idiot light.

any ideas?

Old 07-07-2006, 06:44 PM
magnethead
Legend
Default RE: hemi cutting out

Ideas?

Old 07-07-2006, 09:42 PM
mazz
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's how mine acted when the EGR valve went south. Replaced the EGR valve and all was well.

Old 07-07-2006, 11:55 PM
magnethead
Legend

ok thanks!

Old 01-20-2007, 07:27 PM
trill
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Engine light has been on for a couple of days. I went to autozone and got a P0404 code and it said the EGR is not responded correctly. The guy autozone suggested I clean the valve with carbonator cleaner and that would fix it. First I need to locate it. Can someone help me?

Quick Reply: hemi cutting out