3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Resetting Computer

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 02:44 AM
kvsmith2004
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Resetting Computer

I have tryed to find a post that was up sometime ago that described how to reset the computer but I can't seem to find it. Can anyone please tell me the steps involved?

Old 07-11-2006, 03:07 AM
eatsleepdrivesc
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Resetting Computer

the guy to ask is air ram here is what his steps are

ORIGINAL: AIR RAM

Here is a copy of the PCM reset instructions I include with each POWER WIRE. There is also another way to reset it by removing a fuze... I have found the "LONG WAY" to work better... I like to reset my PCM at each oil change and each time I add a mod. It is NOT necisary to reset your PCM but it does help your PCM adaptives to learn quicker.

RESETING YOUR COMPUTER

There are only two reasons you would get an engine light after installing the POWER WIRE or adding the EXTENSION WIRE.

The most common problem would be a bad connection. If you turn the key with out the AIR TEMP SENSOR connected you WILL get a light. If you’re not making metal to metal contact with your connections and you turn the key you WILL get a light.

All is NOT lost. In most cases all you need to do is follow these steps to clear the light.

Before you complete these steps please take the time to inspect your connections. Remove the POWER/ EXTENSION WIRE and re-install it paying close attention to your connections. After you have done this you can begin to clear your computers memory. This is also a good idea to do on each oil change. This gives the computer a clean slate which to learn from. You may even feel a performance gain just by resetting the computer alone.

1) With the key out of the ignition
2) Disconnect the Negative battery Cable.
3) Put the key in the ignition and turn it as if you where trying to the START it.
4) Release the key and leave it in the “ON” position and let it sit for 10- 15 min
5) Remove key from the ignition.
6) Re-attach the negative battery cable.
7) DO NOT TOUCH THE THROTTLE when starting the truck for the first TWO times!!!
8) Start truck and let idle till it reaches operating temperature.
9) Turn truck off for 5-10 seconds.
10) RE-START the truck but DO NOT TOUCH THE THROTTLE!
11) Let the truck return to normal idle (500-600 RPM’s)
12) Turn truck off, and then start her up and take her for a LIGHT test drive… NO WOT testing yet.
13) After driving around the block letting your computer LEARN the new air flow turn her off one last time…
14) Fire her up and drive her the way you want.

Quick Reply: Resetting Computer