3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Transgo shift kits!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 11:21 PM
Memaxie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transgo shift kits!!

I am looking into getting a transgo shiftkit for my Ram 1500 4X4 2005. I already have a superchip in there right now. If I install the shift kit, will this affect my programming?

Old 07-12-2006, 01:40 AM
05_black_beast
Professional
Default RE: Transgo shift kits!!

PN# SK45RFE is just a basic kit which will add some durability to some of the valve body components. It can prevent basic failures such as a broken retaining plate and broken accumulator springs. It'll also reduce the lock-up "clunk" some of these trannies have. It's just a basic kit you would use on a stock rebuild to give the customer a dependable rebuild. It's a kit that won't affect your shifting much at all and would be fine.

On the other hand, the new 45RFE-HD2 kit will give you a crisp performance shift. The only thing I would be concerned with is it having too quick of a shift and the trans going into failsafe. It's highly unlikely, but you may want to contact transgo and ask a tech if they have any info on using the performance kit with a programmer that cuts out the torque management on upshifts.

Old 07-13-2006, 03:48 PM
MiniCwik
Default RE: Transgo shift kits!!

I have the 45RFE-HD2 kit installed and there is a portion of the kit that is supposed to be left out if you have a power programmer that makes modifications to the tranny in any way. For example the Superchips 3815 tuner does modify tranny line pressure to firm/change shift points.

I contacted Superchips about this since I have the 3715 tuner and this previous model does NOT make any modifications to the tranny line pressure, it only partially disables the Torque Management under WOT. So, I will be installing this resistor mod that will tell the tranny/PCM to increase line pressure in the tranny to firm up the shifts.

The kit is nice, it definitely helped make the shifts better/more predictable.

Quick Reply: Transgo shift kits!!