3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Just bought a RAM

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 08:12 PM
electrofuzz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought a RAM

Hey all,

New to the forum and new to Rams. I also own an '04 Dakota, but my fiancee drives it now. Anyways, I just purchased
a 2006 Dodge Ram HEMI Quad Cab 4X4 Sport. I live in Canada and aftermarket parts are sometimes a pain to get up
here. I've been looking at a few things and wanted an opinion, as I do not know much about performance parts for
this truck.

I'm looking at ordering a K&N Series 77 Cold Air intake, a Poweraid Throttle spacer, the Hypertech Power Programmer II (for 87 octane since premium is like 4.23 a gallon up here) and a Magnaflow cat-back dual exit sport exhaust.

Has anyone used any of these products and what kind of feedback can you give me? My dealer advised me to replace
the exhaust and air cleaner assembly if I wanted better fuel mileage. He said that coupled with the chip, I could see gains
of up to 50 wheel horsepower. Not bad for a total of 1100 bucks and a days work.

Any feedback on any of these?

Cheers

Mark

Old 07-24-2006, 09:09 PM
Johndcjr1989
Record Breaker
Default RE: Just bought a RAM

forget the throttle body spacer i thought it would help me i bought it and didnt notice a difference at all. there are some ppl that have them and say they tell a difference but if you do some research and reading about it then what its designed to do doesnt help anyways. i have one and havent noticed any gains in performance but i also havent noticed any losses. i plan on takin it off and driving 2 months withouth it and then putting it back on and driving 2 months with it to see for sure.

Old 07-25-2006, 12:14 AM
kvsmith2004
Veteran

Everything sounds great but not the spacer, they are not worth it. I would recommend a new throttle body from fastman. I don't have one but from what I see they do work and not to bad in price. I am planning on getting one soon.

Old 07-25-2006, 12:50 AM
Ram_Sport
Record Breaker

cool the dealer suggested those mods, yes those are the way to go,

tb spacers sometimes work on applications like carburated because the fuel mixes right as it comes thru the unit, but on an electronicly fuel injected vehicle no-worky.. infact on some tests it showed actual horsepower/torque/mpg loss..

exhaust+intake=good combo, and the chip makes it that much better.. those three mods are great and should give you respectable gains in performance and fuel economy.. good luck

Quick Reply: Just bought a RAM