DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   3rd Gen Ram Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-ram-tech-65/)
-   -   ThunderRoad Edition...No Badge (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-ram-tech/67265-thunderroad-edition-no-badge.html)

Vandal77 07-02-2007 07:52 PM

RE: ThunderRoad Edition...No Badge

I live next to asemi-annoying guy who drives a new Ford F-150, and my ThunderRoad stickers bother the hell out of him for some reason, so I've kept them on...all three of them. Nice guy, but everything he has, has to be the best. He's never hear of a 'ThunderRoad' Hemi Ram and lets me know that at least once every other week.
I told him'ThunderRoad' isa secret test track where Dodgeputs themselves up against the competition, they named this series of truck after that track, made special performance modification to these specific trucks, and that the Ford he drives has never completed the test runs at ThunderRoad. Uh...the guy thinks I'm serious, and my wife and I love messing with this dude, so we aint telling himwe're only joking. Hell, his wife said last night he's thinking about trading his truck in for a friends Ford Lightning. Man, he's too easy. I'll tell him the truth maybe over a beer this July 4th. But it would be funnier to tell him after he rolls up in a Ford Lightning.

slapshot12 07-02-2007 09:28 PM

If I didn't need a quad cab truck or more than 5000 lbs towing, I'd buy another Lightning in a heartbeat. I had an 01 and really liked it. They have great performance and still can make trips to Home Depot.

Good story to tell your neighbor......yeah, Thunderroad is the skunk works of Dodge.

ae5dw 07-06-2007 01:28 AM

ThunderRoad Skunkworks... that's funny!

Don't you hate Ford snobs! My father-in-law and brother-in-law are bothFord freaks and they've poisoned my nephew's mind as well. So sad. At least their wrath seems to be directed mainly at Chevys as my father-in-law has an '06 300C Hemi. Sadly, he bought his 300C 3 weeks after I bought mine and he bought the exact same color. Mine is a Touring with the 3.5 V6 so I have to hear all about his Hemi. That's alright though... my Ram TR makes up for it.

bountyhunter2006 07-06-2007 06:50 AM

hey bighorns have been available here in cali since 2003

rowhock 10-18-2008 09:06 PM

Today I purchased a 2006 Dodge Ram Thunder Road Quad Cab SLT 4x4 with 35000 miles. I love the way it looks and seems to be pretty mean. I paid $14,500 and it is in mint condition. Did I buy a good truck or will I regret it.

BCGray 10-19-2008 01:50 AM

PN#382208348 for the ThunderRoad HEMI badge that can either be applied on the Tailgate (One Only) or in a pair under the RAM on the door, available through any Dodge Parst dept.

Hope that helps...Oh yea and cheaper than the guys I found on EBay

Oh and if you want to mess with your F*rd friend some more put the TRX4x4 OffRoad badge on the rear, and tell him it stands for ThunderRoad Xtreme Off Road:D

gillilandhemi 07-07-2010 02:39 PM

I have a 2005 dodge ram in florida its loaded hemi,power everything leather seats 20 inch wheels it came with the emblems.i had a 2003 dodge ram before this one and someone in my apt.complex had a newer loaded ram hemi etc.i think his was an 05 he had the thunderroad emblems so i ordered some off ebay for the 2003 ram off ebay and yes they are the same emblems not stickers.but my 2005 dodgeram came with them off the dealership floor.as far as i know they only came on the fully loaded edition rams the emblems are on each front door under the ram 1500 emblem.then thunder road then a little hemi emblem just to the right of the thunder road emblem.i live in florida.ive heard that differant regions of the states have differant emblems such as bighorn or lonestar.