DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   3rd Gen Ram Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-ram-tech-65/)
-   -   ThunderRoad Edition...No Badge (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-ram-tech/67265-thunderroad-edition-no-badge.html)

New2Durango 07-27-2006 02:48 AM

ThunderRoad Edition...No Badge

I saw an '05 yesterday and it had the ThunderRoad stiicker on it. Someone said it earlier but why doesn't my '06 ThunderRoad have the badge??

RustProofCorn 07-27-2006 03:15 AM

RE: ThunderRoad Edition...No Badge

i think it isnt a thunder road unless it has the badge... does it say thunder road on your slip you got from the dealer???

DaveN 07-27-2006 08:38 AM

Mine is a Thunderoad edition also and no badge.At least that's what the window sticker said it was.

Jetpig 07-27-2006 11:14 AM

Welcome to the TR no badge club. I have seen many with no badging. Mine as well came with no badges. I asked about getting them put on. Dealer told me I would have to find a VIN # from a truck that has it and order it. Of course pay for it out of pocket too. Can't imagine

dodgedlr 07-27-2006 12:34 PM

My parts book shows Badging for Big Horn and Lonestar but none for Thunder Road.
In '05 only there are Thunder Road decals available for $29.00

The line about needing a VIN is total BS. Even if they were available.
The only time you need a VIN to order parts is for "restricted" parts replaced under warranty - usually complete engines or turbos.

dodgedlr 07-27-2006 12:35 PM

On another note. We have had several Big Horn Editions show up with no badges.
We just order them and submit a warranty claim. We get paid a mark-up on the part and a small labor payment to put them on.

Jetpig 07-27-2006 02:31 PM

D-Dealer??
Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the Big Horn and the Lonestar editions exactly the same as the Thunder Road, just named different in different geographical areas?? Wondering why the 05vs had no badging at all for TR's?? I know it was going to be like $35/badge if I ordered them. Dealer would not bite the cost for me and put them on. Guess I got too much of a good deal anyway. What is a fair price for the TR badges??
Thanks
Pig

dodgedlr 07-27-2006 03:26 PM

I don't know.
Yes it has been my understanding that the 3 packages were the same, just named to fit the region...
So I just now did some checking and the package details list badging for the BH and LS, but not the TR.
Otherwise they are the same...???? not sure why.

But in '05 I am showing some decals available for the Thunder Road for $29.00 list.

Jetpig 07-27-2006 03:32 PM

Can you post or do you know of a link to the TR decals? I would like to see what they look like. Probably not my bag of tea but you never know. I have never seen TR decals. DDler what part of the country U from?

Silver Eagle 07-27-2006 04:45 PM

A week after I got my 04 ThunderRoad The dealer called me up and he put the Chrome Lettering kit under my ram 1500 letters. It's a one piece lettering .Very noticable. I didn't even think about the letters until he called me about them.

Jetpig 07-27-2006 04:57 PM

The chrome lettering I think are the ones we all have been seeing. I have never seen the TR decals though. Curious to see what they look like. I will probably get the lettering also. I have been on a bit of a crusade to find a TR badge that is much different than any I have seen on the road. Pretty much given up though. It must have been a completely custom made badge. Sure looked killer though.

Ram_Sport 07-27-2006 05:08 PM

i think hes from around texas, atleast thast what i caught before when reading on older posts

dodgedlr 07-27-2006 05:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Silver Eagle

A week after I got my 04 ThunderRoad The dealer called me up and he put the Chrome Lettering kit under my ram 1500 letters. It's a one piece lettering .Very noticable. I didn't even think about the letters until he called me about them.

Ummmm.
No such thing as an '04 Thunder Road, Big Horn, or Lone Star.

And I am not finding any evidence of a Thunder Road badge EVER existing. No, I do not have any pics of the decals...maybe a google search will learn you something.

And I am in Big Horn territory.

Silver Eagle 07-27-2006 08:36 PM

Well here on the east coast, Delaware to be exact, We have ThunderRoads in the 04 models.

oldVOR 07-27-2006 08:49 PM

You can actually order your truck with or without the emblems installed.
I ordered mine with "emblems delete" and got the truck naked!
I think it looks a lot better without the emblems anyway, but that's just my opinion......

oV

DaveN 07-27-2006 10:41 PM

ORIGINAL: dodgedlr

On another note. We have had several Big Horn Editions show up with no badges.
We just order them and submit a warranty claim. We get paid a mark-up on the part and a small labor payment to put them on.

If I pm you with my VIN can you get me my T.R. badge for the tailgate under warr.?
It's what I bought. Not trying to scam anyone.

Johndcjr1989 07-27-2006 11:16 PM

yeah i never saw a bighorn or thunder road til 05 but when my dad got his he got a free spray in bedliner with it and when he took it to the dealer to get it done they gave him a loner for a day that was an 03 Lonestar edition single cab.

daveg 07-27-2006 11:28 PM

Hey guys this is what i found on ebay. item # 270012310093 for 10dollars for two thunderroad edition badges. the seller is a dodge dealer his ebay name is BWdodgeparts and his ebay store is moparpartsusa.com plus 4.50 shipping. And i will be calling my dealer tommorrow to find out where my badges are. i picked up my ram 3 weeks ago. hope this helps you guys out

onlyinadodge 07-28-2006 12:13 AM

Here we go again!
2003/2004 Thunder road package included sport appearance package with added on lower cladding kit, chrome exhaust tip,20" wheels,fiberglass bed cover, chrome badging.

2004 Limited edition Hemi Sport had the same package but exchanges the bed cover for hood scoop and Hemi Sport decals on bed side.

2005 Thunder road was a package upgrade to standard truck and included some interior upgrades along with the 20" wheels and chrome badging. Some of the early production trucks were left over 2004 packages. Otherwise not very exciting.

"2006:Big Horn/Lone Star/Thunder Road Value Group,
SLT Quad Cab short bed
Special axle ratio, satellite radio w/one year service, sliding rear window, fog lights, bright grille, bodyside moldings, P275/60R20 tires, alloy wheels. NA w/Sport Quick Order Pkg. 26L."

This has been my observations over the years. Not meant to be the definitive answer.
Basically the 05/06 TR were fluff packages on an otherwise standard truck.

Silver Eagle 07-28-2006 01:47 AM

That's what my 04 has except I had them take the 20's off and put 17's on at the dealership. I bought it off the lot. I didn't like the 20 inch wheels and I wanted the truck for pulling a big boat and trailer.It's got plenty of power. maybe to much.

yellowlab98 08-09-2006 01:37 AM

Hey, new to this forum,, 2006 ram 1500 4x4 thunder road,, 20 inch wheels etc etc... same situation, I have seen my exact truck with badges, talked to the owners, purchased from same dealer, just weird ,, but I found them on ebay, heres a link, I just ordered them, they say they are mopar parts,, I got em for $7.50 plus 6$ for shipping,, they have a few more as of right now

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ABCA%3AUS%3A11

or just go to ebay and type in thunder road in the search, and look through the stuff.. hope this helps someone.. good luck

New2Durango 08-09-2006 02:16 AM

yellowlab, that's not the emblem I've seen on the Rams.

dodgedlr 08-09-2006 03:31 PM

They are MOPAR?
Hmmm. Would/could you send me the part number if you have it?
I want to see if I can find it in my parts book.

Not that I don't believe you, I just don't know why I couldnt' find it before.

yellowlab98 08-09-2006 03:52 PM

These are the badges that I have seen on the trucks around here in NJ,, here is the ebay item number, ( for some reason or other, the picture shows the badge backwards, i am assuming the tape side, but they say they are chrome, )

ebay item number # 220013180717 these are the emblems.......... and heres another item number,, # 320013890172 its an actual 2005 dodge ram, check out the photos of this truck,, it is a thunder road,, find the picture of the emblems on it,, they are the same as the first item number I gave you,,

I have to bring truck in for oil on Friday, I am going to ask them, and see what they are supposed to look like,,, like I said before, i ran into a fella with the same truck 2006 ram 4x4 quad cab, only his is black, and I asked him if his truck came with them thunder road emblems,,, he said it sure did, and they looked like these on ebay... hey, I will find out short enough, when they arrive, they are saying they are genuine mopar parts.... if not, they will get bad feedback? Hell, I only paid 7 bucks for them.

good luck

yellowlab98 08-09-2006 03:56 PM

I think I see whats goind on here, now that I have looked at these a bit closer,,, i think they are stickers? Not actual chrome emblems,,,, BUT why would they be a mopar part? Where are these supposed to go if they are not the actual chrome ones>? Time will tell,,, im calling my dealer ( car dealer )

Jetpig 08-09-2006 04:16 PM

I was told the standard TR badging would be about $30. I think those are stickers, not the chrome lettering that comes std or in our cases, non-std on the truck.

Silver Eagle 08-09-2006 07:41 PM

Mine are solid chrome with the 3M backing. Once it's on it's on. had to use a ruler to make sure it was level.

yellowlab98 08-10-2006 07:52 PM

Well, I think I did get the right badges,,,, check this item out on ebay,,, these are what I got,, they look like stickers,, but they ARE raised chrome letters ,,,, and this seller states they are sooo "chrome" that its hard to get a good picture of them, so thats why my seller took the picture of them from the tape side??? I WILL advise as soon as they come in the mail if they are in fact the raised letters or just a decal.... and I called my dealer and they said they can get them for around 30 bucks each.\

check it out ebay item number # 110018055621

If I can figure out how to put a picture in here ,, I will take a pic of what I got, and then with them on the truck...

peace

OJ 08-11-2006 03:56 AM

Those look like the right badges, I have a set sitting on my workbench and they look the same as those.

DaveN 08-14-2006 08:58 AM

According to my 06 truck brochure the badging is supposed to come on it! Why buy it just tell your stealer and get it free.

CNester 08-15-2006 05:04 AM

I just been through all of this with the dodge dealer. I thought Ishould have received this free due to Ii bought a 2006 dodge ram 1500 Thunder Road but it did not come with the badge and it states on the brosure under Thunder road packages that it come with a badge. The dealer said the brosure was printed before 2006 and was subject to change. Therefor the dealer says the 2006 thunder road did not come with the badge. Dealers said if i would like to have one i have to purchase it. So i bought one and received a discont of $6.00. Dealers says should only be one badge on the truck tailgate. I guss I'll put it on the drivers side of the tailgate. The Thunder Road Badge from the Dodge dealer is the same one you see on Ebay but without the Hemi badge. I just stick the words Thunder Road on the back tailgate and save the HEMI badge since it already has 2 of those on the sides. I hope this helps anyone out that has been confused as i have been about the (stinking) badges. Just something from Clint eastwood movie. thanks Charlie:D

ThndrRdSC 06-29-2007 05:37 PM

Just bought an 05' 1500 Quad Thunder Road.
It came with NO emblems for the ThunderRoad, so I did a search and found
some on ebay and also this forum. After checking prices and shipping on the ones
online, I went to the Dodge dealer (Strom Altman Dodge, North Charleston, SC) I bought
it from to see if they had them and for how much. Well low and behold, They not only had them
they put them on for me as well. Price: $0.00 for the side emblems. I did have to buy the one for
the tailgate but they put it on to for no charge. The guys in Strom Altman's service department rock.
For those that don't know the difference(cuase I didn't) the ones for the side come 2 in a pack and say
"ThunderRoad" the one for the tailgate comes 1 in the pack and says "ThunderRoad HEMI".
Hope all this helps.

ThndrRdSC 06-29-2007 05:50 PM

Just read some of the newer posts. E-bay items same as I was looking at. A couple are even by a dealer
in NC. Like I said the side emblems were FREE but I had to pay for the rear one $30.00. After price and shipping I thought it was gonna be easier to get it at my local dealer. I bought the truck used from this dealer but they had also sold it new. They rear emblem was available thru the parts dept. but the side emblem was in the service dept. section (not sure why this is). both are raised chrome with adhesive backings similar to the Ram 1500 on the side. Anyone interested can email me and I will send pics of both.

theHemiBeast 06-29-2007 06:22 PM

I have an 07 ThunderRoad edition and no badge. Honestly, I am glad.... less badging I have to take off. I didn't like them 'cause they're a bit too big for my taste.

nuttyprofessor 06-29-2007 08:30 PM

When I had my 05 ThunderRoad i had to hav eth edealer put on teh decals.....no charge

Vandal77 06-29-2007 09:02 PM

My 07 ThunderRoad hasa badge on it's butt ( tailgate ), under the 4X4 badge, and on both doors under the Ram1500 badge, does that mean I'm special?lol.
I have a pic, but can't figure out how the heck to import it to this reply? I click the postcard but it wants a URL. Punching monitor does not make it work. I'll get a hammer. Be back.

CMA 06-29-2007 10:21 PM

ORIGINAL: theHemiBeast

I have an 07 ThunderRoad edition and no badge. Honestly, I am glad.... less badging I have to take off. I didn't like them 'cause they're a bit too big for my taste.
I have never seen the thunderroad badges on a hemi. My new 07 doesnt have them and i'm gladd -- I'd never live it down at work.

ae5dw 06-30-2007 06:28 PM

My '05 HEMI Quad Cab has the TR badges.

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/2172/1001084ri6.jpg
http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/4365/1001082yi7.jpg

Pappy_FB 06-30-2007 06:34 PM

Mine doesn't have the Thunder Road Badges, but I have seen them on other Rams in my area.

I have no idea why some do and some don't.

slapshot12 06-30-2007 11:08 PM

My 07 doesn't have them either. Maybe it is a dealer installed thing, at the dealers option. When I was shopping, my dealer had dozens of the TR Rams and I didn't see any TR emblems. I have seen them on other Rams locally, but not 07's yet.