DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   3rd Gen Ram Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-ram-tech-65/)
-   -   ThunderRoad Edition...No Badge (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-ram-tech/67265-thunderroad-edition-no-badge.html)

New2Durango 07-27-2006 02:48 AM

ThunderRoad Edition...No Badge

I saw an '05 yesterday and it had the ThunderRoad stiicker on it. Someone said it earlier but why doesn't my '06 ThunderRoad have the badge??

RustProofCorn 07-27-2006 03:15 AM

RE: ThunderRoad Edition...No Badge

i think it isnt a thunder road unless it has the badge... does it say thunder road on your slip you got from the dealer???

DaveN 07-27-2006 08:38 AM

Mine is a Thunderoad edition also and no badge.At least that's what the window sticker said it was.

Jetpig 07-27-2006 11:14 AM

Welcome to the TR no badge club. I have seen many with no badging. Mine as well came with no badges. I asked about getting them put on. Dealer told me I would have to find a VIN # from a truck that has it and order it. Of course pay for it out of pocket too. Can't imagine

dodgedlr 07-27-2006 12:34 PM

My parts book shows Badging for Big Horn and Lonestar but none for Thunder Road.
In '05 only there are Thunder Road decals available for $29.00

The line about needing a VIN is total BS. Even if they were available.
The only time you need a VIN to order parts is for "restricted" parts replaced under warranty - usually complete engines or turbos.

dodgedlr 07-27-2006 12:35 PM

On another note. We have had several Big Horn Editions show up with no badges.
We just order them and submit a warranty claim. We get paid a mark-up on the part and a small labor payment to put them on.

Jetpig 07-27-2006 02:31 PM

D-Dealer??
Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the Big Horn and the Lonestar editions exactly the same as the Thunder Road, just named different in different geographical areas?? Wondering why the 05vs had no badging at all for TR's?? I know it was going to be like $35/badge if I ordered them. Dealer would not bite the cost for me and put them on. Guess I got too much of a good deal anyway. What is a fair price for the TR badges??
Thanks
Pig

dodgedlr 07-27-2006 03:26 PM

I don't know.
Yes it has been my understanding that the 3 packages were the same, just named to fit the region...
So I just now did some checking and the package details list badging for the BH and LS, but not the TR.
Otherwise they are the same...???? not sure why.

But in '05 I am showing some decals available for the Thunder Road for $29.00 list.

Jetpig 07-27-2006 03:32 PM

Can you post or do you know of a link to the TR decals? I would like to see what they look like. Probably not my bag of tea but you never know. I have never seen TR decals. DDler what part of the country U from?

Silver Eagle 07-27-2006 04:45 PM

A week after I got my 04 ThunderRoad The dealer called me up and he put the Chrome Lettering kit under my ram 1500 letters. It's a one piece lettering .Very noticable. I didn't even think about the letters until he called me about them.