3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tonneau Cover Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 03:41 AM
MisterZ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tonneau Cover Question

Does anyone have the new Extang Express Tonno? I was previously leaning towards the Extang Trifecta, but I like the flexibility (full bed access) of the Express.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Old 08-02-2006, 04:50 AM
kvsmith2004
Veteran
Default RE: Tonneau Cover Question

From what I hear it is a good cover, I like the idea of full bed access also. Do you have a bed liner?

Old 08-02-2006, 01:18 PM
MisterZ

I have a below the rail mopar liner. Same/Similar design as the Pendaliners. Then I added the rail guards.

Old 08-02-2006, 02:34 PM
squat
Rookie

I have an Extang RT (might be express). I was able to get it for $330 at truckxpressions. It looks great, basically lays flat with the bed (doesn't stick up at all). It rolls up just fine, putting it in/taking it out is easy. It doesn't keep the bed 100% dry, but more like 98% dry so that aspect works for me. If I really cared I'd go out and get some weatherstripping and put it in. The only gripe I have about it is that a bubble of air forms underneath it right next to the cab and it bounces up and down a bit. This effect is greatly reduced (though still present) after I plugged my post holes with some tie downs. It's also added about .5 - .75 mpg for me.

Quick Reply: Tonneau Cover Question