3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Highly Recomend.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 01:04 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Highly Recomend.....

For those of you looking to beef up your security system on your trucks I highly suggest installing a Viper Responder Alarm. This thing is wonderful! If your alarm goes off or even if the "warning" beeps go off it pages you and let you know exactly whats going on with it. Mine has an LCD screen which shows the trucks layout and if the alarm goes off it'll page you and let you know if one of the shock senors went off if it was bumped/leaned against/hit by anything/ext., if the glass was hit or broken, if the doors get opened and which door was opened it, it kills the starter the second it goes off, and I can just glance at my pager and see if anything is wrong or to check to see if I locked my doors its just a great system. You can even adjust how sensative you want it to be through the remote. I didnt see the point however to have the remote start option installed yet just because I dont need it at the moment and I can always have it added on if ireally want it. But the rang on the pager is just sweet, I can unlock the truck from about a 1/4 mile (just fyi the remote will beep and vibrate saying you locked or unlocked it as a warning) and from what I tested on my own from about 2 1/2 - 3 miles away the pager system wil still be able to notify you if the alarm was set off. Granite this system does run a little over $500 but its well worth it.

Im going to be have a better start kill installed later on, they have a setup where you have to have a certain button pushed in or turned on in your truck befor you can turn the key to start the vehicle. So it be like you have to switch on your brights pr hold the window up or down button before you can start the truck. Its a sweet setup. Anyways just thought Id let you guys know about this system.

Quick Reply: Highly Recomend.....