3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Funky turn signal

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006 | 02:57 AM
Stroker
|
Veteran
Default Funky turn signal

I have an intermintent problem with my turn signal. Most of the time it works fine, but when it screws up I put it in the left turn position and the right turn signals come on and when I put it in the right position nothing happens at all. I did have a bad conection at the right rear at the bulb itself causing the "lamp out" warning light to come on. This seems to be a common problem and I replaced the bulb and used die-electric grease in the conection. I don't think it has any thing to do with the problem I am having now but this happened just after (maybe a month) the first time I noticed the turn signal going nuts. Naturally it act fine when I took it to the shop and to make matters worse it acted up today and as soon as I turned towards the shop it straightened it *** right back up. What gives? Is this a common problem?

Old 09-02-2006 | 09:39 PM
Stroker
|
Veteran
Default RE: Funky turn signal

I guess no one has a clue?

Old 09-05-2006 | 12:53 PM
97TJJeeper

My 02 Ram has this prpoblem also. Just wait for the rain while driving down the hightway to find out your wipers don't work either. The fix I have found for now.... A "technical tap" on the bottom of the stering colum (just take the heel of your hand and hit right under the turn signal lever). I has to be a loose connection somewhere.

Old 09-05-2006 | 03:46 PM
Exchevy
Professional

It could also be the front body control module, that module controls all your lights and wipers as well.

Quick Reply: Funky turn signal