3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

questions for Power Wagon owners

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 04:21 AM
NOPOWER WAGON
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: questions for Power Wagon owners

In Payson, AZ, the Chapman Dodge dealer has a brown automatic with rock bars and nav-6cd changer for 38K and would be very negotiable as it's been here for 6mo on the lot. A navy blue 6sp manual with less than 7K and single cd disk is for sale used at same dealer and the previous owner only recieved 27K on trade in on new diesel megacab, also, white automatic used at 5k with nav and 6disk cd is being offered for 34K. All these are '06. FYI- good deals. My '06 6sp has 35" bfg KO on stock rims and clear well except rubs lower trailingt arms at extreme lock. The speedo reads 65 when the hand held gps says 63. this is more accurate than when the 33s were on in the opposite calibration direction. The 35" spare fits underneath as well. With regards to the person planning on 37's and a Rancho lift, the spare won't fit when full of air. If you lift it, the rear uses blocks/add a leaves and isn't the most functional method regarding wheel hop. the front might be ok if they choose the right spring rate and shock valving but these kits usually use stiffer springs for litigious/rollover reasons and use off the shelf shocks specified for length only. Even their adjustable shocks(rs9000) aren't specific to anything in particular. Fox shocks thru KORE or DRC are much better and are valved specifically for the power wagon or diesel models. search them on the web. 37" will kill your torque even more than the 35" has already done. NO 4.88 or 5.13 gears are available thru the aftermarket yet. What I want to know is: has anybody had any experience with REAL power enhancement. Don't bore me with cold air, Cat back and chip bs. You can't feel that in a 6500# vehicle. Anybody who has towed with a hopped up black smoke belching cummins putting 800+ lbs\ft to the ground knows what I'm talking about. I can't justify having a jeep rubicon and a diesel ram so I had to compromise with the powerwagon. I've read the article on the common rail diesel conversion but the computer obsticle is beyond my scope as is the srt10 conversion and not sure of the bellhousing of the g56 mating to the block in place of the getrag 6sp. the new 392 and 426 stroker small blocks sound promising but no word out on price yet. Dynatec offers real headers for 15-20 and will fit with some mods in the powerwagon if you have access to someone who REALLY knows how to tig weld. Comp Cams has cam options and a deleted fan replaced with a properly shrouded electric fan is worth 5-10. Comp Cams referred me to B&G? to reflash the ecm for 15-25 or 30-50 with a cam swap combined. Kenne Bell has not been able to figure out the fuel management for their supercharger kits for the hemi. Hmmm I need some 100-150 lbs/ft in the 2000-4500 rpm range. Any suggestions? btw the tire rubbing is because of the 315 width not the heigth, 285s don't rub, seems the 305 70 17 goodyear mtr may be a great option at 34" and a good jack of all trade off road tire as I've owned 2 sets in 37" for other vehicles and they aren't as aggressive as some mudders but still have decent highway manners. hope I haven't bored you yet.

Old 11-03-2006, 04:21 AM
JRH_PowerWagon_06
Veteran

ORIGINAL: 2006powerwagon

Websites indicate that 35 inch tires require a minimum rim width of 8.5 inches. The info I have states 2006 Power Wagons come with stock 17 x 8 inch rims. Does your Power Wagon have stock 17 x 8 rims; if so do Pro Comps cause problems? Thanks.
Those specs are true if you are going to use the full load rating of the tires. If you are building a wheeler, not a work/tow vehicle, then there is more "wiggle room." You won't be airing up the tires that high anyway. Rancho says 37's on stock 17x8 PW wheels is no problemo.

Old 11-09-2006, 11:24 PM
thekidnotakid

I get 11.5 MPG around town. When I travel straight run from Tenessee to Florida I get 14-17 MPG

Quick Reply: questions for Power Wagon owners