3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Looking to Get me a Hemi! I need some help with performance!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 10:10 PM
filmnews
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to Get me a Hemi! I need some help with performance!

I had a 2004 Dodge Ram ST last year. I liked the truck a lot, but I could not afford the gas. I was driving 60 miles a day round trip, and I was not making much money at Lowe's. I have recently graduated from college and I have a lot better job. I traded my 2004 Dodge Ram St, for a 2006 Scion TC.

I also, wrecked the truck into the back of a Semi. Talk about wanting to cry.

I had the truck complete fixed. It took the body shop 3 weeks to fix. Then, I traded it in for this Scion Tc.

Anyway, back to the topic. I am not new to the Dodge Ram, but I am new to the Hemi. I am wanting to use this truck as a weekend driver. I am wanting to get a 2 door short bed 2003, 04, or 05 Ram Hemi. My goal is to get the most horsepower and TQ with out get a supercharger or turbo. For my first question: What is the best performance chip/managemnet system for the truck? How do you determine what is the right setting for each RPM? Also, how much can you increase the MPH and Rev limiter to still keep it safe? There appears to be a lot of chips out for this truck, and I want to make sure to get the best one for a track/weekend truck.

Old 09-07-2006, 10:26 PM
filmnews
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Looking to Get me a Hemi! I need some help with performance!

Also, if I in the future get supporting mods like headers, cams, intake, would the chip recognize these parts and work with them alright?

Quick Reply: Looking to Get me a Hemi! I need some help with performance!