3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Wiper motor pulse board?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 09:59 AM
iengle
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiper motor pulse board?

Dealership replaced my wiper motor back in January and has since developed a problem with controling the wiper action. My previous Sonoma went through 3 wiper control boards in 4 years, wondering if the same is true on the Ram's. The main problem is that in intermittant mode, sometimes it wipes once, sometimes it wipes 5 times, you just never know. One time it didn't start swiping until I hit the switch a few times. Sounds like park sensor has a broken solder joint or something like that.

Does the Ram have a control board right on the wiper motor? How much of a PITA is it going to be to replace?

Thanks in advance,
Israel

Old 09-15-2006, 02:59 PM
nemachuck
Default RE: Wiper motor pulse board?

I have the same problem..... Its in the shop today getting fixed.

Old 09-15-2006, 03:03 PM
iengle
Professional
Default RE: Wiper motor pulse board?

would appreciate if you could let me know what the result is -- I have the extended warranty, but wanted to know if it was less than the $100 deductable just to fix it myself.

Iz

Quick Reply: Wiper motor pulse board?