3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

what do you think of this

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 12:54 PM
boyd98
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what do you think of this

Im going to get a oil change and i see this letter laying on the counter that my wife had opened; its from my local dodge dlr. Here's the jist: "there is a high demand for your truck and we like to buy it back, so come pick out a new vehicle with 0% for 72 months...please dont advertise this to the public, you are special"

Knowing deep down they are fishing, i still go to the show room floor. I currently have a 05 QC black, Sports & big horn package 2WD. Really i luv my truck. Got a super 40, sidesteps, subs, dvd player, CAI; it feels like i just made it mine. However; i have always wanted 4x4, and if i can get into a nice 4x4 for 0% 72 months, and be at the same or a little above my payments now; i may be down with that. I already new i was upside down on my truck, owning/paying on it for only a year. First and foremost, I explained this to the salesman and reviewed. At this point I put the responsibility on the salesman to let me know if we are wasting each others time or if we could make somethign work.

He showed me a couple plain jane larimes (which were nice, but they only had 2 on the lot) and there were very few 06 hemi 4x4 to choose from. Not feeling excited and sitting next to my truck i think the salesman new it wasnt gonna work for me; he now wastes my time and gets me excited about a viper, a fcken 54k truck. I said, "fck man dont tease me surely this is out of my payment goals". nope he proceeds to show me the truck says that we can take 15 k off cuz they got a good deal on them; by this time im really excited and wondering if this is a possibilty.

end of a 4hr saga; the plain jayne 4x4s were more than 100 more than what im paying now; and the viper would have been like 400 more. No **** - they wanted me to carry 15k neg equity on my truck trade in (but i thought i was special, with my piece of paper saying my truck was in high demand) anyway - what a waste of time.

I blame the salesman, but with my own instinct I should have known better

Bored and just wanted to share my story;

thx

Boyd

Old 09-18-2006, 01:01 PM
Mikec714
Default RE: what do you think of this

you win some you lose some, your truck sounds awesome as it is now, only thing i don't like is not 4x4, but thats just me. other than that by the sounds of it going to the dealer was a huge waste of time, your truck now is awesome

Old 09-18-2006, 03:13 PM
abarmby
Champion
Default RE: what do you think of this

Yeah I agree with Mikec714.
You should have chaged the salesperson for your time.......LOL
Al.