3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

06' 1500 5.7L Hemi - looking at flowmaster exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 01:55 PM
Mikec714
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06' 1500 5.7L Hemi - looking at flowmaster exhaust

I recently bought a 06' 1500 QC 5.7 Hemi, and like most i wanna hear what that engine is cookin.

I'm looking at flowmaster exhaust system as recommended by my sisters boy friend. He has a first gen ram 1500. Would it be worth it to buy a kit for the exhaust or buy the muffler then buy all the pipes?

i searched through the kits and came up with this...
http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/pr...oducts_id=4072

I see that that particular kit comes with a 50 series muffler, this is why im debating whether or not to just buy a muffler and all the pipes seperate because im leaning towards the 50 HD. thoughts please

If i would go with just buying the muffler seperate i was looking at this...
http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/pr...oducts_id=3449
Thoughts or experiences with the 50 HD?

And of course one big question is for the 50 series including the HD, how loud is it when idling/accelerating. I realize i will lose some "lvl of loudness" while speeding up for example goin on the highway, just curious though if it will sound beastly or like a little kid pushing around his fake lawn mower that makes clicking sounds. lol
also does anyone know if putting on a flowmaster would void the warenty on my truck in any way?

thanks

EDIT: One other thing that i've been wondering about, would I be able to put a "true" duel exhuast on my truck?

Old 09-18-2006, 02:52 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: 06' 1500 5.7L Hemi - looking at flowmaster exhaust

ORIGINAL: Mikec714

I recently bought a 06' 1500 QC 5.7 Hemi, and like most i wanna hear what that engine is cookin.

I'm looking at flowmaster exhaust system as recommended by my sisters boy friend. He has a first gen ram 1500. Would it be worth it to buy a kit for the exhaust or buy the muffler then buy all the pipes?

i searched through the kits and came up with this...
http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/pr...oducts_id=4072

I see that that particular kit comes with a 50 series muffler, this is why im debating whether or not to just buy a muffler and all the pipes seperate because im leaning towards the 50 HD. thoughts please

If i would go with just buying the muffler seperate i was looking at this...
http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/pr...oducts_id=3449
Thoughts or experiences with the 50 HD?

And of course one big question is for the 50 series including the HD, how loud is it when idling/accelerating. I realize i will lose some "lvl of loudness" while speeding up for example goin on the highway, just curious though if it will sound beastly or like a little kid pushing around his fake lawn mower that makes clicking sounds. lol
also does anyone know if putting on a flowmaster would void the warenty on my truck in any way?

thanks

EDIT: One other thing that i've been wondering about, would I be able to put a "true" duel exhuast on my truck?
I have that same kit on my 05 Ram, sounds very nice. The tips are also quality, make sure to get the rolled tips. The price is WAY off. Visit Jeg's Website, www.jegs.com, which is a DF sponsor, to get a real price. Should be around $350ish.

I would get the kit, it will give you a dual exit and eliminate the resinator.

50 series would be quieter than the 40, which many put on their trucks, but the 50 is plenty loud enough, especailly after it breaks in.

Keep in mind, your have MDS, when your MDS kicks in on the highway your nice V8 exhaust note will change.....

Old 09-18-2006, 08:02 PM
Mikec714
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok thanks, i went to jegs, seems a reliable company, i hope :P

# 389-17423 2006 Ram 15001/2-ton
# 5.7L HEMI
# All Wheelbases
# Single 3' inlet
# Dual 2.5' outlets
# 50 Series Muffler
# American Thunder
# Kit inlcudes both side exit and rear exit options

exact same thing from here...http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/pr...oducts_id=4072

thanks alot, ill be sure to order it soon... only one question thou, when you said rolled tips, does this set come with the rolled tips? or should i buy them seperate?

once again, thanks alot

Old 09-18-2006, 11:04 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

It should come with it, but as the salesman at Jegs to make sure.

Quick Reply: 06' 1500 5.7L Hemi - looking at flowmaster exhaust