3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Electric Window Issue (goes up too far...)

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 02:39 PM
dduncan440
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric Window Issue (goes up too far...)

I have a 2006 RAM 2500 SLT Quad Cab 4x4. My driver's side Electric Window seems to go up a little too far... Sort of puts the window in a bind and I can hear air when it's all the way up.
When I bump the button slightly to let it down just a tiny bit, seems to seal up and no air noise.

I've taken to Dealership and they said no way to adjust how far the window travels up.... But I know it's going up to far, actually sounds like it's hitting up there in the frame to hard.

Anybody else have this issue or have any suggestions???

Thanks.
Don

Old 10-03-2006, 02:49 PM
motorider228
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Electric Window Issue (goes up too far...)

thats bull that they wont fix it. i have an 06 1500 and if they didnt honor my warranty with that i would call a lawyer. there are probably people you can call in the warranty booklet that came with the owners manual.

Old 10-08-2006, 02:25 AM
spinfreak
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Electric Window Issue (goes up too far...)

I have the same problem on my '03. I don't think that it's going "too far". I think it's meant to go that far up, because once it goes up, it kind of "pushes" out, and I think that's supposed to seal the sindow. However, as you said, there is an air sound coming in. It doesn't happen on mine all the time, but when it doesn, I just tap the button down a hair and it stops.

Quick Reply: Electric Window Issue (goes up too far...)