3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rear Brakes - Replace

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 12:50 PM
zman9119
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Brakes - Replace

Ok. so I was bored this weekend (plus it was nice out) and figured my rear brakes needed replacing. I have replaced disc brakes before on our Xterra and never had any problems with doing them. Pop out a few bolts, slide the pad retainer out and remove the pads. Pretty simply. So I got everything thing that I need to put new pads on the truck, got everything off on the rear but I cannot remove the pad retainer from the caliper. Is there any tricks for removing them from the rear end? I can get the complete capliper assembly off of the rotor but I cannot remove the the retainer to remove the pads. I have never replaced rear pads before, so I am looking for help from anyone! Just trying to save some time (and money) here, plus its my first time working on this truck since I got it.

(Truck info might be usefull)
2003 2500 Quad cab 4x4 Hemi

Thanks

.mz

Old 10-30-2006, 02:47 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rear Brakes - Replace

Go here to download a FSM. That will hopefully answer any questions you have.

Quick Reply: Rear Brakes - Replace