3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Not shifting properly

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 06:37 PM
Peter S.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not shifting properly

This is my first post.
My name is Peter, I work for Chrysler in Brampton, Ontario. We build 300, Charger and Magnums, and from what I hear next year we
will start working on Challengers. We are in process of switching to team concept (Toyota way of building cars), which may take some time.

I've been driving Chrysler product since got my job, and was lucky till I got my 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie/ 5.7l. The truck costed me lots of
money and it is not serving me the way I would like to see.

My present problem is with shifting, out off second gear with low rpms, like 2,000. Also, when I start the truck in the morning and it is still cold,
and I switch to "D" it takes little bit of time to switch the gear and it does not do it smooth but jerks and jumps bit.

I took it to the dealer, they have updated the software, before that, about 15,000 mil, they replace transmission and problems doesn't go away.
The worst thing is, the dealer doesn't want to service the truck under warranty because engine lite on dashboard is not enough for him. When I went to see him
last time, the truck didn't "behave", because was warm, and they spend 3hrs updating the software. He says, if I can see it, I can't fix it, and if you come for
service, be prepare to pay if I can see the problem. That kind of attitude upset me, because I work for Chrysler, and there is 4 pages record of what have been done
to this truck so far and they know, just looking at that what the deal with. Please advice.

What I suppose to do?

Call District Rep?

Have anyone experience similar problems with shifting?

Thanks

Peter

Old 10-30-2006, 07:09 PM
djr04
All Star
Default RE: Not shifting properly

If your truck is still under factory warranty, take it to another dealer. It's rediculous for that dealer to say that a check engine light is not enough for them to service it under warranty.

Welcome to Dodge Forum Peter.

Old 10-30-2006, 07:57 PM
Peter S.
Default RE: Not shifting properly

ORIGINAL: djr04

If your truck is still under factory warranty, take it to another dealer. It's rediculous for that dealer to say that a check engine light is not enough for them to service it under warranty.

Welcome to Dodge Forum Peter.
Thanks for welcoming me here,

and thanks for an advice.
The only problem is that I have spoken with Chrysler Financial few weeks ago, telling them my problems with this Ram, trying to "flip" this truck for new one (unsuccessful, due to to many payments left) and their advice was, go to the best truck dealer for trucks. They've recommend this one, however the service guy is very reluctant to help me, because I didn't buy the truck from them. It is dealership which sell more then 75% in their inventory.
I guess, I gonna end up going to my local dealer.

I end up on this forum, just to find out if anyone else got similar problems with 2003 Dodge Ram 2500, I think it was first year production from St. Louis plant.

Quick Reply: Not shifting properly