3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tranny Problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 06:30 PM
Masse
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny Problem

I have a '02 Ram (4.7L 4x4), The tranny will not shift from 2nd to 3rd, it just revs up with out kicking in. Of course, the tranny shop just wants to replace it with a remanufactured. I can't see why the entire tranny needs to be replaced. There is a possibility it could have something to do with the valve body or solenoid. Has anyone else had this problem?? Or have any suggestions where to start.

Old 11-08-2006, 06:47 PM
motorhead426
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tranny Problem

How many mile are on the transmission? It could be a worn band inside that needs replacement... which would require a rebuild. Your suspicion about being a faulty electronic part may not be too far off. My suggestion is that if you do end up getting a rebuild of some kind, make sure its a remanufactured, and not a rebuild. There is a huge difference, and not many rebuilt transmission make it very long compared to a reman. Just my $.02 from working in a dealership.

Quick Reply: Tranny Problem