3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Switching to Power locks and windows

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 05:14 AM
monoxide83
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Switching to Power locks and windows

My truck has manual locks and windows, I see they sell kits to convert but has anyone out there actually used one of these kits, and how hard are thy to put on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
thank

Old 11-14-2006, 02:56 PM
Valkyrie
Default RE: Switching to Power locks and windows

I did it on my 02 QC. Locks, windows and alarm installed cost me about $1000.00. All work fine for me.

Dave

Old 11-14-2006, 06:05 PM
austin
Veteran

whatever you do don't go cheap though. I got power locks and windows put it from a different factory(not the dealership) before I bought the truck... They worked good. The passenger window was twice as slow as the driver window though because the company routed the power wires to the driver side... and took it back the dealership because it had an air leak.. got it back and the passenger window didn't work!! So now its back in the shop and I have to wait another week....

Old 11-27-2006, 06:57 PM
danorosco

Hey Valkyrie, what setup did you buy? I've got the 02QC with manual locks and windows and would really like to upgrade

Quick Reply: Switching to Power locks and windows