3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

pcm reset and superchips

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 03:37 AM
djr04
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pcm reset and superchips

I want to reset my pcm now that my truck is broken in and I drive it a lot harder. Do I need to reset to stock on the superchips, or will the pcm reset just reset the learning parameters?

Old 11-23-2006, 02:39 PM
cupcake
Professional
Default RE: pcm reset and superchips

I don't know what you're asking in your question. But from my experince the computer doesn't adjust diffrently with mods, also the super chip is not able to be tuned on a dyno. So if what I think your asking is if you got an exhaust and reloaded stock than put the chip in it would NOT notice the exhaust and make changes.

Old 11-27-2006, 04:12 PM
SUPERCHIP TUNER

You could just reinstall the same program that you were using and the ECU will reset.

Old 11-27-2006, 04:37 PM
AIR RAM
All Star
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Since your Fual adaptives are constantly adapting to the engines needs when you add a mod these needs change. Now over time your adaptives WILL adapt on their own but you can help them adapt quicker by doing a PCM reset. You do NOT need to remove your SUPERCHIPS program to reset your PCM... the SUPERCHIPS is NOW the software... all your resetting is the adaptives. So YES you should reset your PCM after adding a mod... by doing so your PCM will adapt quicker to a mod.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Quick Reply: pcm reset and superchips