3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

jetchip

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 07:20 PM
AIR RAM
All Star
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: jetchip

Here is a picture of my spacer (RED) held up behind my throttle body with the butterfly open.... as you can see... the ID of the spacer is MUCH smaller than the ID of the throttle body... That is a RESTRICTION and RESTRICTIONS do NOT make HP nor do they help in fuel economey.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Old 11-25-2006, 09:45 PM
deanj287
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if i orderd the 6.1 cams is it just a sinle swap? or do i need to beef up anything? i have an 03 hemi

Old 11-25-2006, 10:43 PM
AIR RAM
All Star
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: deanj287

if i orderd the 6.1 cams is it just a sinle swap? or do i need to beef up anything? i have an 03 hemi
their are allot of guys who have done the cam swap and kept their stock springs... If you have the money its a good idea to swap out the springs, retainers and pushrods... peice of mind more than anything else... most of the HEMIs problems are due to the stock springs and pushrods being un equal lengths... a set of titanium retainers will help keep valve controle at high RPMs... less weight means better controle.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Old 11-26-2006, 12:03 AM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

...or just swap the 6.1 heads![sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 11-27-2006, 07:48 PM
mountaingade
Rookie

cool, thanks you, guess i`ll get a superchip then, also, since i`m using different tire size in summer and winter times, it`s getting expensive to change the pignon factor twice a year at the dealer.

Old 11-28-2006, 03:24 AM
rumble bee ram

i got a jetchip and on the dyno it made only 4 hp, piece of $&*t!!! , try a superchip 3815 or a HYPERTECH HYPERPAC 85004 which has a touch screen and is constantly adjustable .

Old 11-29-2006, 03:03 PM
Drudwn2000

Well, for $100 dollars the throttle body spacer I purchased did increase throttle response and torque in the mid-range. Whats $100? I really wish I didn't buy that damn Jett chip though!

Old 11-29-2006, 03:23 PM
RamFreak
Veteran

ORIGINAL: AIR RAM

The throttle body spacer is complete SNAKEOIL as well... dont waste your money on a spacer! They have no place on an engine that is MULTI PORT fuel injected. This means the air and fuel are introduced to each other at the end of each intake runner. Your intake is DRY and there is NOTHING but air in it. The spacers all advertise to increase atomization of fuel/air... BUT HOW when the intake is DRY and there is NO fuel and air to be mixed in the intake? Spacers can be used to help tune Throttle body injected engines or carburated engines but they offer NOTHING to a Muilti Port fuel injected engine since the fuel is introduced just prior to the intake valve.

With a spacer best case you will NOT lose any HP (and you sure as heck wont gain any) and Worse case the spacer becomes a restriction and actualy hurts performance.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM
I have heard that a TBS really kills low end TQ as well, lol I think AIR RAM got it perfect with the term "Snakeoil"
Superchips is the only way to go, you wont be sorry.

Quick Reply: jetchip