3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Install writeup: 2wd coil spacer leveling kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 01:39 PM
umbighouse
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great write-up, thanks. You're not the 1st person to note that the actual height gained is more than the advertised size. I'm wondering about a 1/5" vs 2" leveling kit for my 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad SLT (2WD). I read somewhere that a 2" kit may not fit, and that a 1.5" kit is recommended. Obviously, I would prefer the 2" kit.

Any insight?

Anyone have any pix of a 1.5" leveling kit? Thanks in advance.

Old 03-26-2009, 04:26 PM
mpfoote

The Ford Expedition shocks worked out PERFECT. I have my nice smooth ride back. On the top, they bolted right in. On the bottom, I had to open the holes up with a die grinder because the bolt pattern was skinnier. I then used the stock nuts and some large washers and everything bolted on fine. I went and got and alignment a few hours ago and it rides absolutely perfect now.

Old 03-26-2009, 04:29 PM
mpfoote

P.S. To answer the question of the previous post. I used the 2" spacer kit and the actual measured lift is 3". I thought it would settle some, but I have been driving it like that for a week and it still measures 3" higher. I'm going to do a 1" block in the rear to even it back up.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:30 PM
gonzzo23

I got the same spacer have been getting prices at shops to get it put on but after reading through the post a few times think I will be able to get it done probably this weekend depends on my buddy if he is working are not. I bought the Blistien HD's those should work for better travel?

Old 04-02-2009, 07:05 AM
mpfoote

Originally Posted by gonzzo23
I got the same spacer have been getting prices at shops to get it put on but after reading through the post a few times think I will be able to get it done probably this weekend depends on my buddy if he is working are not. I bought the Blistien HD's those should work for better travel?
Just make sure than when you put them sided by side to the stock shocks that they are 2" longer.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:22 AM
umbighouse

I ended up ordering the Daystar 1.5" leveling kit. I called a 4x4 shop and they quoted me $125 for the install. My local Dodge dealer said they will match that, so I'm having them installed by a dealer for $125. The kit itself was $39.99. Not too bad.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:26 AM
theHemiBeast
Professional

Originally Posted by mpfoote
P.S. To answer the question of the previous post. I used the 2" spacer kit and the actual measured lift is 3". I thought it would settle some, but I have been driving it like that for a week and it still measures 3" higher. I'm going to do a 1" block in the rear to even it back up.
Hold up, am I understanding this right....you put on the 2" spacer and now you need a 1" block in the rear to make it even??? So, right now, your truck has a higher front end? Man, I just bought the 2" spacer and I def do not want my truck to be uneven (in the reverse)!!!

Can you confirm/clarify?? If you had to do it over, would you have gotten the 1 1/2" spacer instead??
Thanks!

Old 04-03-2009, 09:16 AM
mpfoote

Originally Posted by theHemiBeast
Hold up, am I understanding this right....you put on the 2" spacer and now you need a 1" block in the rear to make it even??? So, right now, your truck has a higher front end? Man, I just bought the 2" spacer and I def do not want my truck to be uneven (in the reverse)!!!

Can you confirm/clarify?? If you had to do it over, would you have gotten the 1 1/2" spacer instead??
Thanks!
It is dead even right now, BUT I pull a boat on a trailer trailer a lot and I don't want it to look busted while it is pulling. P.S. the 2" spacer gives you darn near 3" of lift. It did for me anyways.

Old 04-14-2009, 01:41 PM
ftwproductions

To Patrick(TXST8tj the topic starter),Thanks for your great description.
That's very usefull!

I ordered the same 2"spacers and it was a piece of cake.It took me about 4 hrs,without anyhelp,yeah my wife tried to help me with the spring but at the end I did it alone with help of some other toolssee pic very usefull )

I did not use a pitman arm puller(just a hammer) or the spring compressor(worked excellent with the big crowbar.)
I also installed a set of Bilstein shocks,the normal ones for a 1500 2wd,and I have no problems with it so far.

Only it's still not level....... It looks like the rear Bilsteins raised the back around 1"

greetings
Joey.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:54 AM
raminator08
Record Breaker

how much did you guys pay for new shocks? $40 for the lift sounds good but theres still the springs

Quick Reply: Install writeup: 2wd coil spacer leveling kit