3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Borla Cat back system Feedback

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 11:00 PM
ram2005hemi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Borla Cat back system Feedback

I think that the Borla exhaust is a little quieter than I was looking for. I bought the kit with the single into the muffler, double out with the side exit on each side( part # 140068).The kit was around $650. I definately did not want to wake the neighbors at night, but wanted to sound like I had a Hemi under the hood. I just installed the system yesterday and am not sure that I would do it again if I had it to do all over. It's very quiet at idle. Once you accelerate, it is a little louder, but not much.

Old 03-26-2007, 01:40 PM
ltzrok

I just finished the install on the weekend of the Borla 140068 setup. I love it, easy install, clean looks, feels like a big increase over stock, quiet at idle, but wakes right up under throttle. This kit sounds & runs especially good when matched with the K&N FIPK, and a little tweaking with the Superchips. I've been a Borla guy in my last 7 rides, and excluding the nasty drone in my '06 Charger, no complaints.

Old 03-28-2007, 02:56 PM
ELECTRIC07

ORIGINAL: ltzrok

I just finished the install on the weekend of the Borla 140068 setup. I love it, easy install, clean looks, feels like a big increase over stock, quiet at idle, but wakes right up under throttle. This kit sounds & runs especially good when matched with the K&N FIPK, and a little tweaking with the Superchips. I've been a Borla guy in my last 7 rides, and excluding the nasty drone in my '06 Charger, no complaints.
What year's the Ram??? I'm still hunting something that wont sound like a fart can on an 07 with MDS when it kicks in.

Old 04-15-2007, 07:09 PM
HumanTorch51

I LOVE my Borla System. I went all out and got true duals, both coming off the headers and coming out the rear bumper at an angle. They really sound great & goes good w/ my 06 5.7 Sport. I went with Borla to get good performance, especially after i put some Borla headers and a CAI on. Cost me $450 and was worth every penny of it!!!

Quick Reply: Borla Cat back system Feedback