3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Headlight mod on 2006 Megacab

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 12:34 AM
npb4me
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight mod on 2006 Megacab

My brother just got a 2006 Megacab and was asking me if there is a way to wire up the headlights so everything stays on. I.E. Lows, highs and fogs all at the same time. Anyway to do this? Thanks.

Old 12-24-2006, 02:03 AM
nvisciani
Rookie
Default RE: Headlight mod on 2006 Megacab

npb4me - Is he checking for border crossings?

You could probably add a relay and fuse thatwould energize the high \ lowbeam and fog lights from an ignition on position. Typically a relay has a ground, accesory, ignition \ switched power, and a 12 volt feed. You'd also have to run three wires and connect into the factory harness from the "switched" power post. I've done this mod for low beams on old chevy's to get a full 12 - 14 volt to the head lights instead of the 11 volt thru the harness - have to use two relays - one for high beam \ one for low. Check out MAD Enterprises. www.madelectrical.com But in your case - one for all three as long as the feed is from alternator \ battery? This is only theory since I have never don this on a late model vehicle....good luck

Old 12-24-2006, 02:10 AM
npb4me

"npb4me - Is he checking for border crossings?"

Haha no, I did this mod on my 07 GMC and I can see a lot better when we are offroading or playin on the sand dunes. In my GMC I used diodes, but I wasn't sure if I could do the same on his Dodge. I have also used relays to do this on older Chevys. Thanks for the info. I just wanted to make sure relays wouldn't have any bad affects on the Dodge wiring.

Old 12-24-2006, 01:52 PM
nvisciani
Rookie

LOL - Ah - ok makes sense!

Old 12-24-2006, 03:49 PM
SRT10KLLR
Rookie

What you need is the Brite Box kit. They come in different stages with the ultimate stage having the ability to have highs, lows and fogs on. I just bought one that I am not going to use so if you need it let me know as it is brand new. You can get info at http://www.thebritebox.com/BB.main.page.html

Quick Reply: Headlight mod on 2006 Megacab