3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Help with rear camera install????

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 09:50 PM
b.d.racing
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with rear camera install????

So I have this rear camera I got for Christmas and I'm not sure about the wiring. For the camera portion it says to wire it to the reverse lights but I don't know which wire that is because as you know the wire bundle goes into a box that all the bulbs are connected to. Now for the monitor portion it says to wire the monitor to a 12vdc supply and the of course ground the ground wire. Is there a 12vdc supply under the dash somewhere because I put my monitor in the visor and routed the wires down the a-pillar under the dash? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Old 12-26-2006, 12:28 AM
djr04
All Star
Default RE: Help with rear camera install????

Can't help you with the reverse light wire part, but you should be able to wire into your cigarette lighter in the dash to get your 12v dc.

Old 12-26-2006, 12:47 AM
Silver Eagle
Captain

If I understand it correctly don't you have to hook it up to your trailer harness in the rear of the truck. Won't you get the power from there.? I saw one set that mounted on your license plate frame.

Old 12-26-2006, 03:14 AM
Rgory
Rookie

Well as it has allready been mentioned, it may be easier to snag the back-up feed from the trailer wiring if your truck is so equiped.Acording to what I am looking at it should be Pin position #3 a white/light green wire *(thats on the top row the 3rd from the right if your looking at the plug) The 12v I would snag from the lighter or an acessory feed. Good luck, let us know how it turns out.

Ryan

Quick Reply: Help with rear camera install????