3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Anybody heard anything about a V series muffler?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 01:40 PM
hookshemi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody heard anything about a V series muffler?

I've been checking on getting an exhust for my truck (2005 QC Hemi). The 1st place I called said they wouldn't even put a Flowmaster on my truck unless they specially ordered it for the Hemi becuase they said it would mess up the back pressure. The next place I called said something about a V series muffler that he had used and everyone was happy with. Anybody have any info on this or any advice. I want the exhaust to sound good , but not to set off car alarms or keep me from having a conversation in the cab.

Thanks

Old 01-05-2007, 03:18 PM
BgBluRam
Captain
Default RE: Anybody heard anything about a V series muffler?

Yeah those guys are idiots! Go with the Flowmaster, it's obviously going to sound great and you cannot go wrong. Don't take a muffler guys word, get what you want. a "V-series" muffler sounds like a knock off cheap muffler that shops order in bulk and charge an arm and a leg for to make a profit.

Old 01-05-2007, 04:30 PM
Rampower
Rookie

What muffler, go straight pipe baby!!!! FUXIN LOUD!!! WOOHOO

Old 01-05-2007, 10:09 PM
mazz
Veteran

I ran into a V-Series muffler at a shop last year, when I was looking for a replacement for myhumming MagnaFlow muffler. They wanted to put a V-Series on. It did look like a FlowMaster knock-off. Guy told me FlowMaster's patent had run out and this company was making them (???-don't know if he was pulling chains or not).

Quick Reply: Anybody heard anything about a V series muffler?