3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

HELP! Removing hitch for roll pan

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 09:21 PM
WordFliesNverted
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Removing hitch for roll pan

Sup folks... random hitch question.

I'm attempting to remove my Class III hitch from my 04 Ram 1500 to add a roll pan and hidden hitch. I've removed all the visible bolts from the frame (2 per side horizontal, one verticle) and the keeper bolts on the bumper. The bumper is off, the hitch is unbolted, but I can't for the life of me get the F'in thing off. It looks like there is a bracket above the frame that is spot welded onto the rear of the box, but it looks like the hitch assembly should slide off the frame.

I'm stuck.

I've considered the fact that it mut be rusted on, but I've taken a sledge to it and it won't budge.

I'm thinking it's welded somewhere that I don't know about.

Please help.

Word

Old 01-06-2007, 11:46 PM
helopilot
Veteran
Default RE: HELP! Removing hitch for roll pan

If I remember correctly you have do undo a couple of bolts on the bed and lift up the bed about 3-4 inches.

Old 01-07-2007, 01:31 AM
1baddodge
Professional

Helopilot you are correct. You have to undo your bed bolts to get the trailer hitch off. That is exactly what I had to do to put my hidden hitch and roll pan on. When your done post some pics. Good luck and have fun cause it s*$ks.

[IMG]local://upfiles/41359/8D7CAB912788453F8BE13952C4EF32F5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-07-2007, 01:53 AM
WordFliesNverted

Sweet fellas. Thanks.. I didn't want to go all crazy and start cutting sh*t to get it off. I figured I'd have to lift the bed. Suucko. Oh well, all in pursuit of a good lookin toy.

I'll post some pics asap. The roll pan will be the final edition to my sick looking 'SRT8'. I think you two will appreciate it.

Good lookin trucks btw.

Word

Quick Reply: HELP! Removing hitch for roll pan