3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2006 Leveling kit.

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 10:07 PM
nuckingfuts22
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Leveling kit.

Ok I am looking to add a little height to my 2006 4X4. I dont want anything over the top but I also dont want to just add half an inch. I was thinking about 2 - 2 1/2 leveling kit. I have seen a lot of trucks here on the net with them on there trucks and they look pretty good. Which one out there is the best bang for the buck? I want something thats really good though, nothing cheap well cheap quality. I am pretty lost on what I need to do about the struts, do I need to replace the shocks in them or keep the stockers and replace them when they go bad. Tire size is going to be around the 33" to 35" range with 17" rims. Hope I added all the needed info for some pretty sound advice. Thanks guys!

Old 01-08-2007, 01:02 AM
rotested
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2006 Leveling kit.

I also have an 06 and just bought the 2.5" Top Gunz Customs leveling kit off of ebay for under $100.00. The kit is simply a spacer that sits on top of your factory strut assembly, so it is not necessary to disassemble the strut. I'll take some picswhen Iinstallthem sometime in the next couple of weeks. 33's fit no problem, 35's look sweet but might rub during full turns and or uneven terrain. Email me for a few pics I have saved off of various web sites, I tried to attach them but they are too big! rotested@hotamail.com

Quick Reply: 2006 Leveling kit.