3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

HEAVY DUTY ROCK RAILS

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 12:28 AM
TRUSSMAN07
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HEAVY DUTY ROCK RAILS

Hello all, This seams like a great place for info. I have recently trade in my 03 1 ton for a 06 3/4 ton with the mega cab. I would like to find some heavy duty rock sliderz/railz (3/16" thick)for my truck. Does anyone have any suggestions of where I might find them. Not very interested in the typical nerf style bars. I had those on my last truck and did not like them very much.

Thanks,

Old 01-16-2007, 12:41 AM
djr04
All Star
Default RE: HEAVY DUTY ROCK RAILS

You might want to look into the powerwagon rock rails. If I remember correctly, the powerwagon (a 2500 like your truck) comes with them standard. you could probably get a good look at them by checking out the gallery of one of the members with a powerwagon.

Edit: They may not be as long as you want with your megacab, but if having them be a little short at the box end isn't an issue, they may still fit.

Old 01-16-2007, 09:25 AM
Otis30
Rookie

I've actually spent a good deal of time looking for some rock rails too. Still haven't found anything except for the Mopar rails, which wouldn't fit the your Mega cab. I'm going to look into getting a local shop to fab some out for me. I understand the Mopar rails are pretty good quality, but they're expensive. Seven hundred something dollars, and then around 4 hours installation at the dealer. I heard one guy put them on himself, but said it was at least a two person job and a giant pain in the ***.

Hope someone else knows more.

Old 01-16-2007, 11:26 AM
TRUSSMAN07
Rookie

I did a search for them yesterday on yahoo and came up with some pics of some on this forum that someone had made. I have not been able tofind them again. I am hoping that whomever made those would reply.

Thanks,

Old 01-17-2007, 01:31 AM
ce2flaco
Veteran

That was me.
https://dodgeforum.com/m_614522/tm.htm

This is a link to the site i got my idea from. Mine are very similar but a good deal stronger.
http://www.bajataco.com/Slider1.html

They are a pain in the rear to build/mount and it will take a full weekend with help.

Quick Reply: HEAVY DUTY ROCK RAILS