3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Question about seats

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 02:28 PM
zeontuner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about seats

I have a 2006 Ram 2500 Diesel with the grey cloth seats. Just bought it in December and an having trouble with the material. I had the seats cleaned through the dealership last week as part of the new vehicle purchase but now if I have any spots that need touching up I just use water and a microfiber towel and it leaves a water stain on the seat. I have one spot that looks like someone peed on my back seat. The dealership asked me to bring it by today but I wondered if anyone else has had this issue????

Old 01-16-2007, 03:33 PM
HuskyJazz
Professional
Default RE: Question about seats

Yes, I have the same issues. I clean my seats and they leave a water stain. I have not found anything to change that. Everybody recommends scotch guard, but if you already have the stains then it is to late. Let me know if you have any luck with the dealership getting them out.

Old 01-16-2007, 03:41 PM
zeontuner

Will do I am going after work to see what they say. If that is the case - does this mean you can never get them wet? Ho do you clean up dirt marks?? I guess you have to watch the rain from hitting them also - or sneezing on them!!

Old 01-16-2007, 03:58 PM
nash1970
Professional

I have the same problem I got a spot on the seat and when I went to clean it the spot came out but a brownish stain apeared when it dried up .

Old 01-16-2007, 06:35 PM
zeontuner

Yep thats it!! This Sucks!! [>:] I'll let everyone know what I find out from the dealership!!

Old 01-16-2007, 09:31 PM
zeontuner

The dealership found out that all 2005 and 2006 Jeeps and Rams have the same material on the seats. This has been a consistant problem with all of them. Dodge never issued a recall due to the fact that not enough people complained about the problem, luckily there is a place in my town that is able to get out the stains! After it is clean I guess my options are to purchase seat covers or just invest in a yearly cleaning!! They said that due to the staining from any soure of water or liquid they have changed the material on the 2007 models. Guess I purchased one year too soon.
[sm=oopssign.gif]

Quick Reply: Question about seats