3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

CAI vs.EXHAUST SOUND

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 04:35 PM
nickahern1
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CAI vs.EXHAUST SOUND

well , i ordered teh cai ( i know i know you get what you pay for) well imnot really complaining about the intake because it does what it is suposed to do. i got way better gas mileage and far better throttle response. the only problem im having is it changed the sound and pitch of my exhaust alot. to the point where i dont like it anymore. i have a 4.7l with si/do flowmaster 40. it used to be so loud and beefy, now it sounds muffled and quieter. im going to go back to stock intake and see if the old sound comes back, but i was wondering if anyone had this problem with their intake systems. i geuss i just loved teh throaty loud exhaust and now i dont like the muffled exhaust. any suggestions.

Old 01-29-2007, 06:56 PM
nickahern1
Record Breaker
Default RE: CAI vs.EXHAUST SOUND

anybody??

Old 01-29-2007, 08:51 PM
stump_breaker
Captain
Default RE: CAI vs.EXHAUST SOUND

The Ebay chepo I got didn't change the exhaust sound. I just didn't like the loud, vaccum sound coming from under the hood everytime I cranked the engine. Had a very loud sucking until it warmed up. Very annoying. It also didn't do a thing for the truck (could it be because it's NOT a tue CAI?) but when I redesigned it for my Jeep, it worked like a charm.
Then again I was running a 18" X 2 1/2" i.d glasspacked (so-called) muffler. Basically nothing but a hollow steel tube with a little fiberglass inside for laughs There wasn't a lot of anything but rumble from the rear. Kind of like me after mexican food.......

Quick Reply: CAI vs.EXHAUST SOUND