3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

STEREO QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 02:14 PM
STEVIE B
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STEREO QUESTION

I RECENTLEY BOUGHT MY FIRST DODGE. 2007 1500 QUAD CAB LARIMI, 5.7 HEMI. LOVE THE TRUCK. ONE ISSUE I HAVE IS WITH THE STEREO. IT CAME WITH ONE YEAR OF SATTELITE STEREO.THE PROBLEM IS IT DOES NOT DISPLAYTHE STATION INFO. ALL IF SHOW IS THE NUMBER 1 2 3 4......... HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO REMEMBER 200 STATIONS. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS A SOLUTION TO THIS? IT IS THE BASIC STEREO. NOT THE INFINITY.

Old 02-03-2007, 02:36 PM
nuckingfuts22
Professional
Default RE: STEREO QUESTION

The only solution I have found is to buy another raido from a aftermarket dealer, ie JVC, Sony, Pioneer and so on. You want to make sure that it is SAT raido ready, most of them now will work with both and not just one but you still might want to make sure befor you throw down the cash! Most places say they offer free install but you will have to buy all the parts and it will still end up costing you about 40 bucks to have one installed. If you are going to spend the money for one make sure you do your research and get the one thats right and best for what you want to do with it. I got the JVC KD-AVX2. Its a higher end head unit that plays MP3's, WMA's and DVD's through a 3.5 LCD screen, it also will display a remote backup cam that is really handy at times with a lifted truck that is hard to see the smaller cars on the road and for parking. Its all in what you want to do. Have fun with it, but be careful once you start to spend money on your truck you will not be able to stop!

Old 02-03-2007, 02:42 PM
jrebenack

Hey Stevie, I have an 06' QC Sport 4x4...and it has the same radio as the 07's... On mine it shows the station info... For example it'll show Hip Hop - Hot Jamz. Or Pop - Hits 1... Now to actually be able to see who the artist is, you have to push the info button... hope that helps

Old 02-03-2007, 03:35 PM
damquick1
Veteran

my 06 doesn't show the station, just preset number, is yours a nav radio?

Old 02-03-2007, 04:02 PM
STEVIE B

THE STEREO IS NOT NAV OR INFINITEY. I AM GUESSING ITS THE BASIC BOTTEM LINE SAT. STEREO DODGE OFFERS. I JUST PISSES ME OF THOUGH BECAUSE THE DEALERSHIP NEVER TOLD ME ABOUT IT. HOW ARE YOU GOING TO SELL A SAT. STEREO THAT DOESN'T SHOW WHAT THE HELL THE STATIONS ARE? I FIGURED IF I BOUGHT THE LARIMI IT WOULD ELIMINATE PETTY STUFF LIKE THIS.

Old 02-03-2007, 08:11 PM
damquick1
Veteran

jrebenackis yours a NAvV radio?......because mine is stock and it only shows the program...no name...no nothing

Old 02-04-2007, 02:50 PM
Scootr
Professional

Yes the base radio will not show any Sirius station info. Just take the menu handout the dealer gave ya and set up the presets to what you would listen to the most. You can always check Ebay to get an upgraded radio for the 06+ Rams. They do show the Sirius station/song/artist info. I would have upgraded mine but my lease is up next year. I'm hoping by then the Ram will offer the MyGig radio as an option.

Quick Reply: STEREO QUESTION