3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Wiring HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 03:08 PM
chopperzen
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wiring HELP!

I bought an aftermarket fog light kit. The On/Off switch has a wire that I am to connect to the parking lights wire. I have 5 wires coming out behind my light control. Which one do I connect to? Does it matter which? I assume it's one of the three.. one hot, one ground.

Old 02-03-2007, 07:40 PM
tnt1036
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wiring HELP!

I just posted the same question two days ago!! I decided to forget the parking light and just wired it to the red wire comming out of the cig lighter. Works great and was easy once I figured out how to pull the dash. One screw and pull, it could not have been easier. hope this helps( I have have no idea on which of the 5 wires it maybe). I have read other posts in regard to the light out display comming on after the install with the lights switch so that is why i went with the cig lighter.

Old 02-05-2007, 12:13 PM
chopperzen
Veteran

I'll try that. The wiring instructions just said to attach to parking lights. I tried 2 of the three wires under the hood on the parking lights, but still couldn't get em to come on. Not sure if I'm supposed to attach at the light controls or what.. I'll try the cigarette wire. What fog lights did you get, if you don't mind. I got those Halo Projectors off eBay.

Old 02-05-2007, 01:45 PM
tnt1036
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Westin lights, I got them free after purchasing the Westin brush guard. I would assume the wiring diagram is the same. I would think that you should have gotten them to turn on at least by hooking them to the light control. I would invest in a test light if you don't have one already. Make sure that your ground wires are properly grounded. Most common problem when installing the lights is that you do not have a proper ground. Good luck.

Old 02-05-2007, 06:19 PM
chopperzen
Veteran

Thanks man. I was starting to get real pissed, wasting that money. I did what you said and wired it to the cigarette lighter. THEY WORK! I'll try and post some pics later.

Quick Reply: Wiring HELP!