3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

alright, wtf?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 06:16 AM
Compens8
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alright, wtf?

i have a 2005 dodge ram, quad cab, 4x4, short bed, 5.7L Hemi Magnum. Now that that is out of the way, here what i need to know. what would cause the CV Axles in the front to not be a solid structure? What i mean is, right there where the three bearings that come off of thehub side, knuckle into the female recepticle on the front differential side, it has some slop. enough slop as to where i can't put it into four wheel drive without the whole dang truck shaking. I've felt other ram cv shafts and they are a pretty solid structure with absolutely no play at all. Does the problem stem from the spline not fitting properly off of the front diff.,or am i just completely overlooking something? If anyonecould help me this would make my world so much better. thanx

Old 02-04-2007, 09:20 AM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: alright, wtf?

That doesn't sound right. Get that checked out before your warranty runs out. It should be a smooth nearly seamless transition in and out 4-wheel high

Quick Reply: alright, wtf?