3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

new guy-- question for ya guys

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 07:03 PM
speakercity
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new guy-- question for ya guys

Just got on this site and it looks pretty cool. I just purchased a 04 shortbed Ram v-6 auto a couple of months ago and am finding little things I am not liking. I see in some of the other posts you guys are talking about the same things. I , like some of you probablly did , boughta V-6 to save money and save on gas. But it seems like the V-6 ram does not get great gas millage. Also the engine is pretty damn week. I went from 99 Cobra convertable to this truck. Man am I missing that power. And also this truck seems to ride pretty stiff. Are all of your V-6's like that??
Not totally gona complain about the truck. It Looks Great. Came with the 20" Dodge ram wheels and dark tint. Good looking truck, But small imperfections that tend to bug me.

What I really need to know is how to turn off the Damn Seat belt warning chime. My truck did not come with the owners manual and I can't find the information to turn that thing off. Can any of you guys give me that info please. I would be greatful????

Old 02-13-2007, 06:20 PM
usnfirefighter
Professional
Default RE: new guy-- question for ya guys

I just traded in an 04 ram. Mine ran a little rough also. I don't know if it is just a v-6 thing. As far as I know, you can't turn off the seatbelt chime. Sorry I don't have the manual, but try this site.

http://www.hemitruckclub.com/

Old 02-20-2007, 03:42 AM
somebodyinok
Professional

I have not tried this cuz I am a firm believer in wearing a seat belt, but it is a little anoying when you are trying to move it in the driveway and the seatbelt chime goes off. You should be able to disconnect the wiring harness underneath the seat. If this does not cure the problem short the connections out. One way or another the seatbelf chime will stop.

Old 02-26-2007, 08:30 PM
bigndn

Just put the middle seatbelt into the drivers latch. I hate the chime. I believe in wearing seatbelts, but if I'm just driving over to my shop or down into my pasture (around 5-10 mph) ON MY OWN PROPERTY, I usually don't bother.

Old 03-01-2007, 11:02 PM
motorider228
Champion

If you use the search option you will find a few threads on it. I turned the chime off on my 06.

Quick Reply: new guy-- question for ya guys