3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Project N-Fab nerf bars

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 11:23 PM
Devster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Project N-Fab nerf bars

Awesome!,, Thanks for showin them off. Great now i gotta order my set. I've been looking into them for about 2 weeks now. I just cant figure out if their bonded chrome is gonna clash with my chrome, but yet it might match my silver rims. i dunno!! but I'm getting them. Anyhow great choice i like them alot better then the standard old tubes.

Old 02-15-2007, 11:40 PM
triton
Record Breaker

Devtser , they're powder coated and come in either silver or black, they're not cheap either. You could always have them recoat to what ever color you'd like.

Here are the silver......

[align=center][/align]

Old 02-16-2007, 01:12 AM
BigAJ
Rookie

Neat.. different. Look like they were designed for short folks?

Not my cup of tea... I am thinking of installing traditional bars, with the indent for the step.

Anyway, I am sure the install is the same. Is it a simple bolt on deal, just awkward because of the size?

Or is the drilling involved?

I have a lease and don't want to do anything to permanent since they'll come off when I return it.

Old 02-16-2007, 02:34 AM
triton
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: BigAJ

Neat.. different. Look like they were designed for short folks?

Not my cup of tea... I am thinking of installing traditional bars, with the indent for the step.

Anyway, I am sure the install is the same. Is it a simple bolt on deal, just awkward because of the size?

Or is the drilling involved?

I have a lease and don't want to do anything to permanent since they'll come off when I return it.
Curious as to why you would think they were designed for short people?

They install by drilling holes in the crimp welds and have plates that rest against the frame. They bars would never work like the one's you're talking about. The bar sits very close to the cab. If it had indents, you'd hit the cab everytime.

They're actually a Smitty built design. They went out of business and N-Fab took over.

Old 02-16-2007, 02:38 AM
triton
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: tnt1036

Well it has been about six long weeks since I ordered them and I just got the call that they will be delivered tomorrow. They are black wheel to wheel with three steps per side. Also, they are just three inches short of ten feet long. I will keep you posted on the project and get you all some pics.
just wanted you to know I wasn't looking to hijack your post ;-) just figured since N-Fab makes black and silver, I'd post the silver bars for ppl to see.

Great choice !

Old 02-16-2007, 04:48 AM
tnt1036
Professional

Thanks for all the good feed back. I am very happy with the look and quality. Just for everyones info I had some pretty poor customer service with N-fab. For any company reading this don't tell the customer two weeks and them not get it to themin six. I was very patient but I had the uneasy feeling that something was not right. I think it is just the way they do business.

I went with N-fab because I wanted the wheel to wheel steps and that really narrows the search when you have a QC with an 8 foot bed. Price $577.00 shipped to my door by semi(Texas to Wisconsin). They are heavy duty 44 pounds apiece and are just shy of 10 feet long.

Yes, I am going to look into a body lift in the future. Maybe 35" tires when these need replaced. When I get in the truck now it pychologically feels shorter.

Old 02-16-2007, 05:48 PM
Otis30
Rookie

Are those the factory fender flares with factory molded splash guards? How do they fit together?

Old 02-17-2007, 12:10 AM
Devster

Damm Triton,,thats one awesome truck!! Wanna trade?

Old 02-17-2007, 05:08 AM
tnt1036
Professional

ORIGINAL: Otis30

Are those the factory fender flares with factory molded splash guards? How do they fit together?
Those are Mopar fender flares the same ones that come on the Power Wagon. I got the splash guards at Fleet Farm(pro-fit by road master I believe) They fit good with a little pushing and drilling. I wanted to get those splash guards on before the nerf bars to prevent snow ice road debry etc.. I did a post on the fender flares awhile back.

Old 02-26-2008, 06:44 PM
lecmoto

I just put a set of these 6 Step N-FAB Nerf Bars on my truck & they look awsome; I purchased them from 4 Wheel Parts & got them in 6 days. They seem to have the best deal in town!

[IMG]local://upfiles/84833/3DD377472BEF444D87695291857052CE.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Project N-Fab nerf bars