3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
View Poll Results: A poll
2007 Toyota tundra quad cab
13.16%
2007 Ford F-150 quad cab
5.26%
2007 Chevy silverado 1500 quad cab
9.21%
2007 Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab
68.42%
2007 Nissan Titan quad cab
2.63%
2007 Honda ridgline quad cab
1.32%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Pick a truck, any truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 05:09 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pick a truck, any truck

To me, you asked 2 different questions.

1. Which is the most reliable? I would say Honda with Dodge being a close second and Ford being third. The Chevy is brand new and I expect them to work a few things out. The Nissan Titan is still having teething problems. The Tundra is also brand new.
2. Which is the best bang for the buck? Dodge. Just plain more for your money.

Old 02-14-2007, 05:54 PM
BgBluRam
Captain

If I was to buy a new 2007 (Which isn't going to happen) I would go with the 2007 Silverado 4x4. I really like the looks of the new truck, and reliability on a chevy is pretty darn good. It would be a 4x4, and would get lifted right away, so the lower front bumper doesn't really matter to me. Overall it is a sharp looking vehicle IMO, and the ratings have been great. Mileage on the new 5.3's is awesome, and power is good as well. The Chevy's are geared much better than Ford's or Dodge, which is more than likely why they see such better mileage. On a big truck with a little engine, you must rely on the gearing to get you going with ease..

Overall I am very very happy with my Dodge! But I am not brand Loyal, and would switch to a Ford or Chevy any day. Wouldn't even bother to look at the Toyota or Nissan however.. And the Honda!? haha, cannot believe it's even in this Poll.. Just my .02 on the topic.

Old 02-14-2007, 06:53 PM
Ben D.
Champion

Yea you couldn't get me to buy a honda but that new toyota is pretty nice I must say

Old 02-14-2007, 07:45 PM
red98ram
Professional

my mom has 05/06 silverado and its nice, if i had a choic i would get a 2007 one of them or a 07 ram but like people say the honda shoulda stuck to making cars...

Old 02-15-2007, 12:59 AM
BgBluRam
Captain

Yeah my grandpa has a 06, and it's really nice, but I like the interior and exterior styling of the new 07 much better. The Dodge is also really nice, and I like the look of the big new F 150's as well, and I am/was a Ford guy so that is always an option. I like the Big 3, I don't feel that I can really go wrong driving a Silverado, Ram, or F150.. Like I said before, the new Tundra just doesn't do it for me, same goes for the Titan.

Old 02-23-2007, 02:19 AM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

Toyota is sure doing a lot of advertising and I am sure that there truck is currently faster than a stock hemi. I have not researched the price but last year was a lot more money for simular features. I still beleive that full size trucks have the time tested American car company standard. T-100 great example. dont see many on the road. my wife has a 2007 fj cruiser and it has its little problems, one of them being the recirculate on the air conditioner turns off like every 10-30 minutes of driving and that drives me insane. dodge has better looks in my opinion and I would be willing to bet my ram with proper maintance will outlast a tundra with same driving conditions and style. towing up a hill, I can do that, stopping with a load, Can do that too.

Old 02-23-2007, 03:45 AM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

First, the Honda doesn't even belong here. I refuse to accept that as a real truck. It should be off the poll, along with the Baja.

The Toyota has a good chance of outlasting everything else if it's driven like a car..... but if it's used and abused, probably not. My old Ford could put up with anything I gave it. I once jumped it 55 ft. at 45mph back in the sand dunes in CA. It was a Ranger though. Dodge was my favorite on looks and how it felt behind the wheel, oh, and it was the cheapest truck on the market for the features I wanted, so it worked out. Chevy's have done nothing but break around me when actually put under stress (off roading or towing), plus the number of lifted 2wd Chevy's you see pisses me off.

To answer the poll, I'd probably have to put my money on the Ford if used like a real truck, the Toyota if used like a car. The Dodge would be a close second behind the Ford though.

Everyone should just get a Mega Cab cummins. Nothing else like it. I can't wait to get one myself.

Old 02-23-2007, 05:50 AM
HighDuke1911
Champion

Yeah, I agree, the new Fords look nice. I've been seeing the same '07 HEMI driving by... I'm not diggin the tail-lights... But hey, times are changing as well as styles... So I'll cope with it. But the Ford is what I voted on, If I had a choice to get any truck right now no matter the price... 2006 CUMMINS RAM 2500 MEGA CAB. Best truck out there. Lucky bastards who have it [:@]lol. Next in line would be a Ford TurboDiesel...

Old 02-23-2007, 05:27 PM
diehardpolice
Professional

The ridgeline is a truck?!?! ha ha yeah right!

Quick Reply: Pick a truck, any truck