3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Remote Lock and Remote Start Horn

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 09:24 PM
DelawareDon
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Lock and Remote Start Horn

There have been many posts about owners being unable to program out the horn blowing when using the remote to lock doors, even though directions in the owner's manual were being followed to a "T." I'm one of those guys who tried over 10 times...following directions perfectly, to no avail. I've also been distressed to read (according to one guy who claimed to install remote starters on Dodge Rams) that it is impossible to program out the horn blowing twice when you use the factory remote starter.

Today I finally got a chance to take my Ram back to the dealer and asked if the computer could be flashed to cure the horn blowing when the remote is used to lock the doors. "No problem," replied the service writer. I then told him that someone who installs Ram remote starters had posted a message on the boards which indicated that it is not possible to program out the horn blowing twice when the remote starter is used. I'm very happy to report that the installer, whoever he was, was ABSOLUTELY WRONG! The horn blowing can be programmed out.

In 30 minutes I had my truck back....no horn blowing for either remote locking or remote starting....and at no charge. I'm a happy camper....and my neighbors will be very thankful!

Old 02-16-2007, 12:35 AM
Foiled
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Remote Lock and Remote Start Horn

I wish they had the system like Ford uses.

The first click of the lock button will lock the doors silent. But if you click the lock button again within 2 seconds it will chirp the horn. This lets you lock the doors at home and not blow the horn but if you are in a parcking lot and you need to locate or comfirm the door lock you can with 2 clicks.

My Lincoln has this and also lets you lower all of the windows and open the sun roof with the remote. That is real nice on hot days. You can have all of the windows and sunroof open to let all of the hot air out.

Quick Reply: Remote Lock and Remote Start Horn