3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

HID Questions ? Need Info

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 03:11 PM
syn65
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID Questions ? Need Info

Has anyone done a HID conversion to their 05 dodge 1500 ( or any other models years with the same headlight assembly). I have done a search in the forum but have been unable to decide. I'm looking for the high end headlight look such as BMW or LandRover. Will those ebay projector LED combo's do this ? Or do I simply need some new bulbs. I know there have been a few posts on this already but i was unable to find the answer I was looking for. Also any pics of the final product would be great - Thanks
[align=left] [/align]

Old 03-01-2007, 04:57 PM
Mystro
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HID Questions ? Need Info

It takes a bit of work to do it right. One thing is for sure, you need good projectors to harness and focus the light. Not all projectors are made with the same quality. Stay away from the asian ballast, bulbs and projectors, they arealot crappier than the good German companies.Its like good optics Zeiss vs Nikon.Try to find Audi projector lenses. They are the best made and will focus the light like a razor with less light loss because of their high quality. The plug and play kits that dont use a projector never look nearly as good as a top end HID system. Use Philips or Osram (Sylvania) bulbs and ballast.

Quick Reply: HID Questions ? Need Info