3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Transmission Temp Gauge

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 08:13 PM
blkram03
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission Temp Gauge

If anybody has installed a transmission temp gauge I would appreciate some suggestions. Which gauge are you using and where is the best place to put the sensor. I had one on my 97 Ram but haven't put one on the 03 yet. Oh yeah 1500 03 4x4 hemi.
Thanks!

Old 03-07-2007, 11:36 PM
USA1Ram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Transmission Temp Gauge

I have the Banks six gun and it came with boost and egt gauges. Opted for the BANKS' trans temp gauge as I wanted the gauges to match. All three are in a three gauge post pod, which looks better than I expected. Now...Banks wanted the trans sensor put in a test port but my port was 'obstructed' and needed an adaptor, which they sent right out, and it moved the sensor out of the housing further. I didn't like this so I opted for a Mag-Hytek extra capacity pan, which had a 1/8" port that it then screwed right in to. I love the combo and Ilooking to add a Mag-Hytel differential cover with diff. temp gaue for a single gauge column pod.

Quick Reply: Transmission Temp Gauge