3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

pioneer radio

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 04:17 PM
tamuccmike
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pioneer radio

if this isn't the correct forum for this sorry guys, but i thought somebody else might know what I was talking about...I have a pioneer head unit, and it works fine except for one problem...I am constantly getting this: ERROR-A0...this ONLY happens when I am playing a cd, above the volume level 30. I have the factory 4 speaker system in my Ram, the only upgrade is the head unit. I never get ERROR-A0 on the radio, only on cd...(radio always works no matter what I do) I have read that this is an electrical problem, but I find that hard to believe because it only occurs when there is bass in a song and i have it up loudly, I have to take the face plate off, eject the cd, then put the face plate back on and 90% of the time it works again, until it does this same thing 3 minutes later; some days its fine, others like today, it does it all the time, really annoying, can anybody give me a fix for this or a cause? Thanks Guys!

Old 03-08-2007, 04:23 PM
eltupac
All Star
Default RE: pioneer radio

Is this a new or used unit? I had a similar problem and it was the ribbon that connects from the face bracket to the main unit. I was cracked a bit. I replaced it and it is fine now. My pioneer is 10 years old.

Old 03-19-2007, 08:46 PM
tamuccmike
Veteran

?

Old 03-19-2007, 09:34 PM
BRINKLEY
Professional

look in your manual for your pioneer. In the back of the manual it should have a list of problems and errors. If you don't have the manual, look for it online. You might try the pioneer site too. I printed mine off that site. good luck to you.

Old 03-19-2007, 09:42 PM
tailgatedrinkin
Professional

not sure but maybe its a saftey cut off of some kind? like a fuse switch of some sort so the speakers dont blow. shouldnt have the music up that loud anyways, my neighbor has on of those boom boxes and loves to sit in his driveway and turn it up as loud as it goes. i guess he thinks everyone wants to listen to it at 1100pm... sorry way off subject

Old 03-20-2007, 12:07 AM
tamuccmike
Veteran

no, listening to my stereo at 32 say, on the highway is just enough to "jam out" over the road noise...nobody can hear it at level 32 or so unless i had the windows down at the stop light and even then it wouldnt really bother anyone...I took it out earlier and heat shrank it instead of crimping it, seems to be ok, guess ill see tomorrow on the way to work, hopefully no more error A-0, thanks guys

Quick Reply: pioneer radio