3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

HELP WITH MODS AND STUFF...please

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 03:01 AM
suckmyhemi07
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP WITH MODS AND STUFF...please

17 and just bought an '03 1500 quad cab wit a 5.7 hemi...im wantin to put some mods on and just wanted some opinions and help finding what i want...
exhaust: friends are tellin me flowmaster 40 series are good and affordable? true?
my beds pretty torn up from last owner so drop-in or spray on bedliner?
i cant seem to find a box for my 12" subs to fit under the rear seats...will 12's fit under there?
i want a hard tonneau cover but im only finding black ones...any thing out there that will match the original paint?
and last...a big Ram emblem rear window sticker...anyone know where to find one?

appreciate the help

Old 03-13-2007, 04:02 AM
DeWalt378G
Record Breaker
Default RE: HELP WITH MODS AND STUFF...please

Do a search on this forum for every mod you want to do and you will find your answer and then some.

Old 03-13-2007, 11:44 AM
Bear39

If you search "Dodge Ram" on ebay, and then click "Subwoofer/Subwoofer Enclosures" on the right, there are several companies around the country making a box that fits under the Quad Cab seat. You can get it cut for two 10"s or two 12"s, but the airspace is only .70 cu ft per speaker, and most 12"s will need much more airspace than that. I ended up going with a box that holds 1 12" on the passenger side under the Quad Cab seat, and it provides 1.0 cu ft of airspace.

Old 03-13-2007, 04:00 PM
Foiled
Veteran

ORIGINAL: suckmyhemi07

my beds pretty torn up from last owner so drop-in or spray on bedliner?
If the paint is messed up I would do a spray in. They will sand any rust down for you then spray. It will prevent any rusting as long as they spray well. A drop in liner will only hide it and if there is any rust you will not see what is happening, also a drop in will rub the paint to the steel and expose it and allow it to rust. A bed mat is an option also but I would sand down any rust my self then put a coat of some primer then some paint under the mat.

Bottom line is this. There are thousands of opinions on liners. Go look at what other people have and decide on your own. I love my spray in but I have a friend that loves his under the rail drop in.

Old 03-13-2007, 05:36 PM
djr04
All Star

I hear good things about sub boxes from fox acoustics, but they only sell 10" enclosures in single or double configurations. You can check them out at http://www.foxacoustics.com/gpage.html

Quick Reply: HELP WITH MODS AND STUFF...please