3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Strange Perf Tonight/GOODBYE

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 05:47 AM
GotHemi?
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange Perf Tonight/GOODBYE

Well, I was leaving the stoplight tonight in a big hurry. I spun the tires using some left foot action and took off in a cloud of smoke...then about an 1/8th of a mile down my power cuts out and I get a light on the dash that says "Check Gauges". I look and I have ZERO oil pressure. Interesting to say the least. I limp into the gas station and turn the key off ASAP and wait about 30 seconds. Fire it up and all is well. Anyone else seen this, it is the second time for me. I had to pull onto the side of the toll-way last time and repeat the above steps to be on my way (about 6 weeks ago).

Makes me kind of glad I am trading this truck in tomorrow. I am taking delivery on a 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser. I know, I was a Mopar guy but Damn. This type of behavior from my truck is disturbing. It is time for her to go. I plan on owning another truck in a couple of years but for now I am going to explore some 4X4 action with the FJ. I plan on entering the wheeling world but for now it is so long Mopar. Feel free to flame away...I no longer feel qualified to be a member of this forum that has had a lot to offer over the years. Maybe I will be back, maybe not. I have seen the new Tundra and it is impressiveI am sure this issue has been debated so I will leave that alone. I look forward to what Dodge will counter with this year. I am not jumping ship without a lot of forthought. I have been super pleased with my R/C Hemi for a long time but this Jap FJ is my next choice. I feel lucky to have squeezed so much life from this ram but all good times come to an end. I bid this forum goodbye, I have taken and I feel I have given (a little) but starting tomorrow I will be driving a Toyota. Goodbye all, and Thank You again. --Kevin

RIP 2004 Hemi Ram 1500 R/C
87,239 great miles
Traded in at Oak Lawn Toyota for a small percentage of what it's worth to me on 03/14/07 @ 9:00am CST.

Quick Reply: Strange Perf Tonight/GOODBYE