3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

LED Tailgate brake light

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 07:47 PM
usnfirefighter
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED Tailgate brake light

I was looking at one of those LED brake strips that go across the back of your truck (right under the tailgate). Does any one have one and so how do you like it?

Old 03-14-2007, 07:52 PM
BostonRamGuy
Professional
Default RE: LED Tailgate brake light

I have one and it works great. Its very easy to install with just some 3M automotive tape.All you need is a trailor wiring harness. The LEDS aresuper bright andits basically hidden unless its on.I actually have mine mounted above the bed, below the rear windows.

<Crisp Look

Old 03-14-2007, 08:03 PM
usnfirefighter
Professional

I'm just wondering if I put it below the tailgate, is if I can still access my Jack. People tell me I "Should be able to" But I want yes or no.

Old 03-14-2007, 08:11 PM
ew18wheel

I have a "Line of Fire" light mounted under below the tailgate and it really is bright and it has reverse lights too, just a trailer harness and asplice into the reverse wire and good to go, also it is a little in the way of the spare tire access hole but the light bar bends just enough where it's no problem.

Old 03-18-2007, 02:25 AM
somerandomguy175
Professional

i have a cheap setup that i got from ebay really bright cant access my spare tire.....so i put my spare in my bed!! great solution i mean if you have a flat in the middle of a thunderstorm or snow, who has time to mess with that stupid jack?

Quick Reply: LED Tailgate brake light