3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Code wont go away!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 03:51 AM
65Catalina
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Code wont go away!

I posted this already in theGeneral Tech. section, but no one has answered, so here it goes :
I have an 02' Ram 1500 with the 5.9L and about 1 month ago, i got the code P 0305, which is a misfire on cylinder 5, so I took it in and got a complete tune-up, and the light went away, and just today, i started it up and the check engine light came on, and when i checked the code, it gave the same one, P 0305. is this just some kind of mistake? or is there somethin messed up in cyl. 5? all brand new plugs and wires, and new distributor. help please!!

Old 03-19-2007, 04:53 AM
Dodge Tech
Captain
Default RE: Code wont go away!

well if u took care of all the upper secondary ign stufff then u have internal engine issue possable carbin but doubt it just one one cyl
head job time

Old 03-19-2007, 04:59 AM
65Catalina
Rookie

uh-oh, head work?? ....im gunna be makin a trip to the bank soon... haha could it be anything else? please? haha i just took it in and told them to do a major tune-up, change alll the fluids, engine and tranny, and clean all the carbon out. Also,if it is some kind of internal issue, wouldnt i be able to feel it, expecially under heavy acceleration??is there anything else i can check myself, because i just spent a couple hundred on it, and i'd like to make sure its not somethin simple.

Old 03-19-2007, 07:05 AM
Red Ram Hemi 2005
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could take it to a shop with a scanner and them read and clear codes and if that takes care of it.

Old 03-19-2007, 10:16 AM
Great White Wing
Rookie

Heard some good results with stuff callled "Sea Foam" in clearing carbon buildup from cylinder heads. Not sure how it works with sensors and all, heard it used on motocycles that aren't asinstrumented as a modern truck.

Quick Reply: Code wont go away!