3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Superchips Error Code,,Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 10:49 PM
Erock509
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchips Error Code,,Help

I tried to update my tuner, and for whatever reason I got the error code g-6f. i looked on their website to find out what it meant, but couldn't find a fix for it. My problem is, well now my tuner does not work and my truck is due for service on monday, without it working I cant put it back to stock. Anyone know how I can resolve this problem. Thnx

Old 03-24-2007, 11:53 PM
FFMedic1479
All Star
Default RE: Superchips Error Code,,Help

What does the error code refer to when you look at the SC site? Try D/C the battery for a little bit... maybe that will mess with things enough to get the programmer working. Otherwise, contact Ron @ superchips (can go through their forum) and see what he can do for you... they might be able to send you a reflash for your programmer if the dealership gets to your truck first... it is SC's programmer that failed to work.

Old 03-25-2007, 12:31 AM
djr04
All Star
Default RE: Superchips Error Code,,Help

Depending on the service, you may be fine. Even the airbag recall includes a reflash, but it does not effect the superchips flash. I stupidly got my truck in for the airbag recall and failed to reprogram it. Talked to the tech, and he told me it was a different computer module. The superchips has worked fine since, and I have been able to reprogram it, so I'm sure the recall flash had no effect. The wheel bearing recall shouldn't cause a problem either, as there should be no computer flashing involved. Only issue you may encounter would be a flash update, but I am unaware of any of those as of recently (last month or so).

Quick Reply: Superchips Error Code,,Help