3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

07 Dodge Radio removal (not 06)(Lone Star) Hemi ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 10:54 PM
HaOsLsE
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Dodge Radio removal (not 06)(Lone Star) Hemi ?

I found that 05-06 is not like the 07, Wow...2007 dodge was way easy...I went looking for screws..and was like..NO WAY...after I took off 8 screws...for lower panels.

I put in a RAQ that I bought from ebay...Mine only came with the single disc / sirius. I wanted the Mp3 6cd and Sirius info to be displayed...which this one does. For some REASON lots of people said it only shows CHANNEL # and Channel Name..it displays ALL the information.

Then I slipped a flathead where the Shiny bezel was...carefully pried..and found...ALL you have to do..is POP bezel out...then the 4 BLACK screws is all you need. The brass colored torx is holding faceplate on the radio..no need to touch them...so POP and 4 screws...If you have an 07 like mine...I just put this in...should have taken me 10 min max...

FYI Sirius...Info # for registering DOES NOT Follow Radio...It is part of the separate Receiver..NOT the in dash. So NO need to call them to change over...I have the same serial # for my Sirius account.

Old 03-27-2007, 02:46 AM
HighDuke1911
Champion
Default RE: 07 Dodge Radio removal (not 06)(Lone Star) Hemi ?

huh??

hey, do your dual flowmasters sound good?

Old 03-27-2007, 03:12 AM
sharpshooter
Veteran

hey thats the radio I want

Old 03-27-2007, 03:57 AM
HighDuke1911
Champion

i have that radio. ummm... if i get a new HU, ill sell you mine... but im gonna try to get one before summer ends...by the way, haoslse, what did you mean by this post? how easy it is to take the HU out or what?

Old 03-27-2007, 01:07 PM
HaOsLsE

I thought it was gonna take a lot of screws...but all you need to do is PRY bezel and other plastic out..all one pc...Bezel and Air condition controls...just held in by tabs. I started taking screws out but..that didnt even help. You just pop it out. If you get a radio like this they go on fleabay from around 170-300 shipped.... got mine for 200...he had lots ...i think he had 8 left when it ended....I can give ya his name if you like. He will aslo buy your old HU..not for much..but hey..its something. Said he'd buy mine for 35..just one disc player. He ships quick too. I bought it this past Friday 3-23, and got it Monday 3-26.

My duals on my old 04 4.7 actually sounded better. I am thinking cause it was always on 8 cylinders....This one sounds decent...better than stock for sure. I put it on days after I bought the truck new. Cause I hated not hearing anything...It sounds OK when you step on it...but other than that..it has a DECENT humm...not loud....not rumbly ..just a good hum. My old 04 was pretty loud with duals, loud all the time..this is about half as loud. Which is better for my neighbors. I know when my wife would take the old truck I'd hear it prolly 1/4 mile down the road. this I barely hear down the street. Dunno if its worth it to you guys but it cost me almost $600. I like the look and the benefits, and the lil sound improvements.

HU was SIMPLE to take out...pop bezel out, then 4 black screws..is all. The brass ones hold Face plate on..no need to touch them. If you get another HU..I havent looked...but see if you can get it compatible to the Sirius Sat adapter you have for that..I think it's 10 pin connector. Because...since my truck is still about new..i have 11 months left for free....I talked to SIRIUS..he said each HU would have diff sirius serial # (for their activation) but..he was wrong..the ones in our trucks...have the # coming from the EXTERNAL Sirius receiver. I called them up to activate..and pulled up my # ...and was like..damn its the same....and got off the phone quick. I was on hold longer than it took me to install it.

Old 03-27-2007, 01:13 PM
HaOsLsE

ORIGINAL: HighDuke1911

i have that radio. ummm... if i get a new HU, ill sell you mine... but im gonna try to get one before summer ends...by the way, haoslse, what did you mean by this post? how easy it is to take the HU out or what?
Yeah..had a couple reasons for this post, I wanted to get across how easy it was..and that Some other posts bout where they say 05 and UP...07 is different from theirs. I printed their directions..and it didnt match up....just wanted to get the word out.

Old 03-27-2007, 01:34 PM
bigjrussell
Captain

Sounds like the only difference between '06 and '07 is the 2 screws that are screwed in upwards at the top of the drop-down cupholder's space.I say it's a good improvement. Those stupid screws give me the worst time when doing anything behind the dash. Somebody should start making DIY stickeys for the top of the 3rd Gen Forum(or all, for that matter) with some instructions and a few clarifying pics for each year. Would save a lot of posting and a lot of time searching.

Old 03-27-2007, 01:46 PM
HaOsLsE

ORIGINAL: bigjrussell

Somebody should start making DIY stickeys for the top of the 3rd Gen Forum(or all, for that matter) with some instructions and a few clarifying pics for each year. Would save a lot of posting and a lot of time searching.
I totally agree with this...I searched for longer than it took me to install...and it still came up with wrong info on my searches. Which is the reason I posted. Trying to help the next person out.

I see the DIY here..but there are hardly any posts in it...1 this year... [:-] and you have to pm 1 guy with your DIY help u want up there from the looks of it.

https://dodgeforum.com/m_682905/tm.htm

Old 03-27-2007, 03:43 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

lol. yeah, i remember having to take my radio out in my 06. it has them screws underneath and ****. but it was still easy.

Old 12-13-2007, 07:59 PM
dscrap

I am looking for an iPod adapter for my best friends 06 Ram with the RAQ radio. I checked it today and it defenitely says RAQ on the front of the radio, but I am unsure if it is a 6 disk changer or not. Do they make a RAQ that is single disk? It also has Sirius Sat... Anyone know of an adapter that will allow us to hook up an iPod and the Sat radio at the same time? Its actually going to be an xmas present, he's been looking for a way to hook up his iPod to the radio for a while now. The FM transmitter he was using is junk and the radio doesn't have the front aux jack. Is there an aux input on the back? Is htere just one for the sat receiver?

Thanks!!!

Quick Reply: 07 Dodge Radio removal (not 06)(Lone Star) Hemi ?