3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need help with my headlight problem!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 02:12 AM
tis24_hemi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with my headlight problem!!!!

I purchase hid for my 05 ram a few months ago and have not been able to get them to work. They just flicker like strobes. I was wondering if anyone could message me on some ideas to help me out if you have had the same problem as me. I'm also new to this dodge forum and need some help. Thanks-tis24_hemi

Old 03-15-2009, 02:20 AM
JJn5526
Professional

seems like alot of people are having problems with these HID's.. never heard of them flicker.. is it a crazy flickering like the strobes or like a christmas bulb?

Old 03-15-2009, 05:00 AM
abarmby
Champion

This is common and the advise I give to anyone who buys HID's is to ask the supplier, will he guarantee that they will not have the "lamp out" issue and the strobing/flickering problems.
If they won't.................. walk away.
There are plenty of good kits out there for our Dodges that will work 100%.

Simply put, the strobing is caused by our truck computers not seeing enough electrical load from the HID's.

My 6000K HID hi/lo's with fogs, has a canceller and resistor harness to emulate the old bulbs electrical loading. The computer then thinks it still has the old style bulbs in place and I have no problems.
PM me for a guy that might be able to supply you with a canceller and resistor kit for your HID's.
Hope this helps?
Al.

Last edited by abarmby; 03-15-2009 at 05:02 AM.

Quick Reply: Need help with my headlight problem!!!!