3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

flopro muffler..good/bad??

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 09:38 AM
taker24
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flopro muffler..good/bad??

I was reading a couple threads on here that said flopro mufflers were pretty decent and they are like a generic version of the magnaflo mufflers.
I got on the flopro website http://www.flopro.com/FloPro.htm and started looking at them. They don't look too bad. I clicked on the dealer locator button and it listed Monro Muffler/Brake as a distributor.
Any thoughts, good/bad, for the flopro muffler? I was really looking at magnaflo but the flopro is a little less expensive and it would be more convenient for me to go to a Monroe and have it installed (there is one right down the road from me).
Just looking for some opinions.

Old 03-14-2009, 05:00 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

If going with just a muffler, they may be ok. Not sure of the quality.
Magnaflow does not have a cat-back for our 08 IFS Rams yet. They changed cat converter suppliers for the 08 Ram and the 06-07 kit dies not fit the 08. I have been waiting forever for the revised kit and it still isn't available. I have a Magnaflow cat-back on my 88 5.0 Mustang and it is a high quality kit. Much better than the Rustmaster set-up!!

Old 03-14-2009, 06:55 PM
taker24
Professional

for now I am just looking at a muffler. Not looking to do the entire exhaust. I have been reading more on their website and they seem on par with the magnaflow. It looks like it flows pretty decent and is an upgrade from stock.

Old 03-15-2009, 06:02 AM
287cc
Veteran

I would say no, and stick with magnaflow, since the magnaflows are mostly straight through mufflers and the flowpro is not.

The Vforce flowpros look very similar to the flowmasters from the inside. If you are not interested in a straight through muffler check with summitracing.com they have there own brand of mufflers that are similar to flowmasters / Dynomax Thrush, that cost under $35.

Quick Reply: flopro muffler..good/bad??